Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Weird pedalling pain from calf
  • spooked
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone could assist. This is driving me mad.

Every pedal revolution at the bottom of the pedal stroke from about 4 till 6 on a clock my left calf in the centre feels like it sort of clicks over something. Feels like a tendon popping over another muscle or tendon.

If I point my toes down then it goes away. If I take my hands off the bars and raise my body straight up and pedal normally it also goes.

I’ve experimented with my seat height and fore and aft positions. Also checked my clear position hasn’t moved.

I’ve done over 2000 miles this year in the same position and it’s been irritating me for about a week.

If I sprint up a step I get the same click.

Is it time for the knackers yard? Any suggestions would be great and appreciated!

Cheers,

mattyfez

Over worked? Legs slightly different lengths (i would guess that would manifest before now if that was an issue).

If your doing 2000 miles a year it may well be worth paying for a bike fit by a pro physio therapist as there are so many variables.

spooked
    Free Member

Cheers for posting. I had a bike fit at the start of the year. Maybe I need another one? Dunno….

opusone
    Free Member

Assuming you didn’t do anything traumatic (i.e. sprain it / break something) Sounds like it might be peroneal tendonitis or something similar. Either way, if it keeps bothering you go and see a physio – either ask your GP to refer you, or some places you can “self refer” – i.e. book directly with a physio on the NHS – or go private. They should be able to give you a proper diagnosis and some exercises, etc. to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Weird pedalling pain from calf’ is closed to new replies.