Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Weird coloured blocks on my PC browser????????
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Strange one but can the resident IT folks help me out here, i’m using my internet browser and most pages seem to have coloured blocks highlighting text/words they go away if i press refresh but as soon as i go on another page they are there again. The blocks appear in a very random order, more on some pages than others. No obvious probs with my PC , am currently scanning with anti virus.

Am i being a numpty or is it a real concern?

bassspine
    Free Member

could be graphics card memory failing

bigbloke
    Free Member

Currently all text with “the” in my first post above is highlighted orangey. Weird.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Threefish….just done that, seems ok now. 😳

GrahamS

Is it ONLY in your web browser?

If so it sounds more like a malware/adware infection. You’ll probably find the highlighted text is a link to something.

(Either that or you did a search for the word “the” with “Highlight all” selected – i.e. if you press Ctrl+f then type “the” in the box do you see the same thing happen?)

bigbloke
    Free Member

GrahamS….yes it seemed like it was only the browser. Seemed a touch slow also. As i say it seems fine now after turning off/on.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Always the same word at once? Hit Ctrl-F by accident?

bigbloke
    Free Member

ourkidsam….no , random words/sentences. First noticed it during a google search earlier , then on all pages viewed.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s some kind of search highlighting thing, isn’t it?

What browser/os?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Vista Home Premium OS SP2. IE browser think 8?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Vista…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Weird coloured blocks on my PC browser????????’ is closed to new replies.