Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • weird chafe from shorts…
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

hi all,

I did a big weekend on the mtb – spent 15 hrs in the saddle over 2 days with a 12kg rucksack – now it was quite warm n sunny and a big amount of riding – I was using some new ish lycra shorts ( not bibs ) and i ended up with some odd friction rubs from the top flat lock seams up near my pelvis region – but not on a boney bit – painful

normally i use bib shorts but I wore normal shorts to save weight and be less sweaty when wearing a pack – I feel this was a mistake…

anyone else had this?

paul

crikey
    Free Member

Tis salt that has dried from your sweat. Cream of any kind ( not clotted, or double ) will sort it.

Hold on, you had a 12 kg rucksack, but you didn’t wear bibshorts to save weight?

Can I call you a fool?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Lycra is SOOO heavy!

scaredypants

is it where the pack straps went round your waist when sitting on the bike ?

I have some lycra liners that have a “hard” bit on the outside of the waist seam for attaching to shorts and these sometimes feel a bit shit when I wear them on their own

snowpaul
    Free Member

I wondered if it was the pack straps too – but I use it a fair bit in similar situations – the bibs were ditched really as I wanted less material on my back getting hot n sweaty – the weight saving was minimal and tongue in check

Pack was heavy re kit for a 2 day self supported ride in wales with an overnight stop = heavy pack with all my food and water plus a filter to get water off the land…

was fun – apart from the chafe !

paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘weird chafe from shorts…’ is closed to new replies.