Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Weight difference between pikes and revelations?
  • granny_ring

Reckon I'll be needing one of these if my 130mm forks wont work with the new build I'll be doing in the next week or two.

Ideally I'll be trying a lightish build so can anyone tell me the 'proper' weights of air pikes and air 140mm maxle revs.

Yes, I could do with losing a few, well more than a few pounds but if there is quite a difference in weight in the forks I'd prefer the revs….

Thanks in advance

nuke

Well I can offer you a pretty accurate weight for the Pikes as I just happened to have given them a weigh on my digital scales…

RS Pike U-Turn Air 454 195mm steerer: 2012g (No Maxle but with Hed Dr installed) + 143g Maxle = 2155g Total

rs
    Free Member
    granny_ring

cheers nuke.
    rs, I would be looking at 2nd hand but would be interesting to see if the forks did actually weigh that? 😉

Si
    Free Member

Yeah, Sektor looks the new pike….

PJM1974
    Free Member

I like the look of that fork… 32mm stanchions, 140mm travel… Hang on, I have a set of Pikes anyway.

qwerty
    Free Member

if it helps:

the 2009 Revelation seems to be a Pike with thinner steerer tube and a maxle lite – good deals can be found BNIB if you search around

that Sektor looks nice – whats with no black forks these days????

hi Si!

Si
    Free Member

Word up Martin…. When you over here next??

qwerty
    Free Member

dunno – its been too long. I wanna do another dry dusty mega ride! I'll text/call when next headed your way, i've popped down a few times without a bike (funeral blah blah blah). I see you have your Patriot up and running!!! Hope to see you soonisher.

M

granny_ring

Anyone got a maxle rev air fork they can weigh?

brakes
    Free Member

I've got one which I'll be taking off a bike over the weekend, but I have no scales! sorry

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I found a site called 'weight weenies' but I don't know how acurate the figures are or if they have the stats for the components you want. It looks reliable to me.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Weight difference between pikes and revelations?’ is closed to new replies.