Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Body weight angst
  • Kryton57

Anyone else?

Ive had a hard time this year getting to 11st 9 after xmas. Last year it seemed much easier to get to 11st 7. I have a car/desk lifestyle.

Then, injury. In 3 weeks off the bike I went to 11st 13. Now back at 11st 11.

I use mfp @ 2000 net cals per day, but my volume has reduced as ive obeyed the “rest” period between races more than last year as well as short distance mtb instead of turbo.

Last 2 days i couldnt be arsed to record every bit of food, and im wondering if i should just forget the angst and let the weight settle to a natural balance. However, this lowers my w/kg…

Rorschach
    Free Member

………less pudding?………………..

jam-bo

Buy that RS. RS drivers are always slightly chubby

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Having gone from ~90Kg since Xmas 2013 to losing ~15Kg over the last year, rather than going cold turkey on food endulgencies, I simply reduced the frequency and quantity of them. With the rides I’ve been doing this year, now that I take food with me (sandwich, Basics mixed fruit), I’m now losing weight again instead of emptying the cupboards and fridge upon return.

MrPottatoHead

Currently not stressing too much. When I drop to the weight I think I want to be, I just pick up every cold and bug going. When I keep a bit of chub I seem a lot better for it. Speed wise it doesn’t make too much difference to me, but then my aspirations are to finish rather than compete for a win.

simondbarnes

I wish I could worry about 3 or 4lb in weight. When you’re 40lb heavier than you’d like to be then it seems rather trivial 🙂

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Off the bike for a month before hip surgery , now not exercised other than walking with crutches for another 2 weeks and looking at another 4 weeks before turbo trainer with low resistance . Haven’t weighed myself but my clothes are starting to feel fairly tight and I dread to think where my fitness is going to be . 60 years old and it’s a lot harder to lose weight and gain fitness than it is to gain weight and lose fitness .

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, but angst ? Nah.

Weight comes and goes, sadly as you get a bit older it tends to hang around a bit longer.

Moar Pies, Moar beer is the only remedy.

forge197
    Free Member

My weight has been static so far this year, I am about 5kg over where I need to be and this year oddly also seems harder but the equation is still the same calories in and calories out need less in and more out to loose weight.

I have a new focus from now as I’ve have a busy Jan – now and have some clear space and less trips and events upcoming.

My goal will be greater calorie focus and doing better quality exercise minutes, less walking bit more running/jogging and biking.

That’s the plan, let’s see where I get too

Good luck OP

shadowrider
    Free Member

Ramsey Neil- i put over a stone on whilst waiting for my hip to be done, ive had it done 10 weeks now and im out on boring flat non tecnical rides everyday for a couple of hours, ive lost 4lb in the last 2 weeks so im confident i will soon be back to a decent weight.

nairnster
    Free Member

Was the heaviest I have ever been at the end of January at 14st 4lbs. And it wasn’t muscle.

Am very chuffed to be down to 12st 7 now by adjusting the diet a bit, but definitely not excluding the occasional treat/day off.

Still want to lose a bit more but at least it’s not going back on.

funkmasterp

I was 10st 3lb at my fittest and leanest. I’m now 12st 7lb since Funk Jr came along and I took a desk job. Thing is I’ve not been ill once. A bit of chub is good for you and I’m starting to get a bit of fitness back. The worst part is (because I’m a tight fisted Yorkshire man) having to buy new clothes.

In short, meh

hols2
    Free Member

However, this lowers my w/kg…

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m coming back into proper riding after a huge run of life and injuries. I’m about 10kg more than I’d like to be right now.

As above, back to sensible food and sensible portions, keep a rein on frequency of wilder indulgences and it shouldn’t be too long to get rid of it 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

Last 2 days i couldnt be arsed to record every bit of food, and im wondering if i should just forget the angst and let the weight settle to a natural balance. However, this lowers my w/kg…

I think you’ve answered your own question there. You don’t sound like the type who is about to balloon to 30 st so cut yourself some slack.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

However, this lowers my w/kg…

barely, your only looking at a 3% swing in bodyweight

stop obsessing, get of the scales and treat yourself to that beer or piece of cake, it makes arse all difference

ferrals
    Free Member

Balls to that. Your not podiuming at national level, your being competitive in a regional series. We all have enough stress as it is. All this extra stuff is a waste of energy. My approach is to just keep an eye on protein intake to make sure I recover efficiently if training hard and just aim for a healthy-ish diet otherwise.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

My weight goes up and down by 5-6 pounds in a normal week, do a fair bit of riding and eating. You’ll never hit and maintain a specific weight to the ounce look at it over the course of a season not day to day And have a “bandwidth” you’re happy with, that bandwidth will nudge up a bit as you get older

chilled76
    Free Member

Try getting it down in your next off season maybe? Could move to a short 6 week block of lower carbs and hiit before you start a base period.

I’m finding it hard to strike the balance of eating enough to fuel riding and training whilst bringing my weight down at the minute.

Saying that I’ve lost 4kg in 6 weeks, but I’m No where near racing weight yet.

chiefgrooveguru

I think I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been but I seem to bounce better when crashing too!

adsh
    Free Member

Not ridden for 5 weeks so have been careful.

I’ve cut substituted fruit for cake, dropped carbs from lunch, am eating slightly smaller portions and don’t drink. Snacks are pickles etc not crisps.

Lost 6kg, look unhealthy and get comments as such. Realise as i have literally no body fat now that I get cold if it’s not actually warm and when I start riding again that there will be no reserves to ca?l on if I get fuelling wrong.

Not sure it’s worth it or even wise but from a w/kg perspective I might come out of this with limited losses.

jamj1974

I wish I could worry about 3 or 4lb in weight. When you’re 40lb heavier than you’d like to be then it seems rather trivial

It does. Mine’s mainly caused by medication and it truly sucks.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Body weight angst’ is closed to new replies.