Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 16.5.11 – 22.5.11 – Moon & Stars
  • Full moon this week, so one for the night riders.
    Get a picture of your bike with the moon or stars, a telescope, or anything with an astronomy theme in the background.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the background.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably

rOcKeTdOg

doesn’t count, but this sort of thing?

the Liberator lights the moon ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

It was GRAEMEJONES’ idea, but yes, that looks good to me.

GRAEMEJONES

The 25-metre diameter radio telescope at Darnhall, Cheshire. It is one of the radio telescopes in north- west England which form the MERLIN network operated by the radio observatory at Jodrell Bank, near Manchester. MERLIN is a very long baseline interferometry (VLBI) network which in effect forms a telescope with a diameter of 127 km, giving high resolution astronomical radio images. Since 1987, MERLIN has combined with radio telescopes at Cambridge and in mainland Europe to form the European VLBI Network (EVN), which in effect forms a continent-sized telescope.
    [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2307/5725945911_4245c9f3cb.jpg[/img]

Not much chance of a clear shot of the Moon until later in the week, cloudy skies forcast at night until Wednesday/Thursday.

pyekid
    Free Member

Sorry, Dodgy camera phone pic.

The moon Inn Mordiford…

richmars

Surprised there isn’t some bike + mooning action yet.

rOcKeTdOg

slightly cloudy/waxy moon

STW photo challenge-Bikes and the Moon by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

GRAEMEJONES

Due to me having to be on night-shift for the week of this full moon, this is as good as its going to get!Please forgive the battered commuter/work bike, but anything decent just gets knocked about in the “secure” bike racks.
    And that is a full Moon showing between the flag poles, honest…

midlifecrashes

Mmmm, the local observatory is right next to where I took last week’s pics at Hoober Stand. Off to research local pub names.

eclecticnz
    Free Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55304671@N05/5742476796/in/photostream/ Dawn brings the first glimpse of what todays ride is going to be. Autumn, clear, moon moving to last corner. Um . . . . . . after a quick while on the NISS I think I’ll go and race with Cycling Otago.

eclecticnz
    Free Member

nullJupiter I think appears on the nose of the saddle on the NISS.

z1ppy

eclecticnz pictures..

Moon bike by Bazzaphotos, on Flickr

Saddle nose Jupiter (I think) by Bazzaphotos, on Flickr

OCB
    Free Member

Moonrise has been after midnight all week, and it’s been consistently way too cloudy for actual stellar objects, so it’s just a rubbish picture of a hotel with a relevant name. (It was either that, or ‘mooning’, and frankly, nobody wants to see that).

Next week:
    Potholes or damaged roads / roadworks ?

GRAEMEJONES

Damaged/broken roads gets my vote for next week, just hope it’s not this windy again ! 😯

As pot holes is the only suggestion so far and it’s got a supporting vote, that’s what we’ll go with.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/weekly-photo-challenge-23511-29511-pot-holes

DeeJay
    Free Member

I seem to have mislaid a week somewhere 😳

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 16.5.11 – 22.5.11 – Moon & Stars’ is closed to new replies.