Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Weekend riding plans and pics
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Finish at half 2 today, blue sky autumn day here in the shire, and I have a couple of hours spare before a leaving dinner this evening, so I’ll get out into the mud up the River Ayr, mibbe a wee libation at the Stair Inn…

Tomorrow the good lady is out at the theatre, so I’ll get stuff ready for a day at Inners on sunday, haven’t been in a while and all this talk of Angry sheep and new trails has whetted my appetite…

You?.

lunge

Little or none, sadly. Marathon taper is in full swing, 10 or so mile run tomorrow, which in theory means Sunday is a rest day. In practise, I may sneak a 20 miler on the road bike in but not much more than that.

Looking forward to 3 weeks time when I can start riding my bikes in anger again.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Going up to Comrie Croft tonight… Yay

For a wedding no bikes…fail

Good luck lunge i hate the taper.

jekkyl

Just perusing the forecast now. The mother in law is over again at chez jek so it’s looking like a crack o dawn ride on Sunday. Probably a local XC bimble on the 29HT, woods, fields & dirt tracks with emphasis on speed rather than tech. Lovely time of the year to be outdoors.

joebristol

Was for most of the day at a Cwmcarn tomorrow with a. Mate – but his wife has been admitted early for birth of their baby.

Thinking I’m still going to go on my own (sob sob) but looking at the weather forecast I may try to go Sunday instead. This all relies on retaining the pass from my wife to go biking…..

nickhit3
    Free Member

This all relies on retaining the pass from my wife to go biking….

careful now. I was just told to “lose the tag “pass” and ride yer bike when you like” in another thread. Apparently i have a terrible wife too.

jekkyl

I like to think that it’s not that our wives ‘allow’ us permisson to go cycling, it’s just that we’ve found through past experience it makes for a much easier life if it is done in agreement with them. 🙂

nickhit3
    Free Member

^ exactly lol

mcnultycop

Manchester to Blackpool BHF night ride. It’s going to pee it down according to the forecasts, with about 15 – 20mph winds.

p.s. I’m only at 73% of my target so any help would be appreciated…

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/steven-mcnulty2017

lowey

Free day tomorrow and, as per, the forecast is biblical.

Might do Fairfield, or might go and heckle the PMBA riders.

cp

Hoping for a couple of night rides over the weekend. Was planning a cheeky bivvy, but looking unlikely 🙁

daern
    Free Member

Calderdale Mountain Bike Marathon for us on Sunday and possibly a little road sneaky on Saturday afternoon if I can get away with it!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bugger all for me due to my shoulder, taking Son No.1 CX racing again

daern
    Free Member

Bugger all for me due to my shoulder, taking Son No.1 CX racing again

First one we’re missing this season, but MTB comes before CX here 🙂

fathomer

Road ride with friends in and around the Chase tomorrow, then mtb somewhere with the wife on Sunday, location will be weather dependent.

Bregante

Oh nowhere special….

iainc

2 days training course at Knockburn, near Aberdeen. Better pack my thermal methinks 🙂

martymac

Hoping to get out on my brand new karate monkey with my hammock and tarp on sat night, wife will be at work so I may as well get out.

vmgscot

Probably have to unpack the bikes from their bike bags and face this pishy weather sometime soon….

duncancallum

Nowt much

Just a quick week over in slovenia…..

hodgynd
    Free Member

Taking my 14 year old son to see what the new stuff is like at Hamsterley on Sunday ..hope he waits for me 😀

carlos
    Free Member

Somewhere round the Hope valley on Sunday. Will prob make the route up as we go and finish in a cafe somewhere.

Carlos

milky1980
    Free Member

Might sneak in a quick blast at Cwmcarn round the Cafall before they start felling it, depends how tired I am after working Saturday day and switching to nights on Sunday.

MoreCashThanDash

Leading an off road FLAB ride tomorrow for some gentle bridleway pootling and cake eating, and some of my local cycle club are planning on joining us.

Sunday will maybe involve a family pootle. Doing my first 100 miler in years a week tomorrow so having an easy week up to that to disguise the complete lack of training….

bigfoot
    Free Member

PMBA in grizedale, forecast not looking to bad, just a few showers tomorrow and dry sunday. probably means heavy rain all weekend.

dallas95
    Free Member

My weekend started this afternoon and I went to Dalby with the Bird. Great conditions and a top afternoon.

[/url]IMG_2234 by Paul Harrison, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]fullsizeoutput_42e by Paul Harrison, on Flickr[/img]

andyha
    Free Member

Into the forest tomorrow morning

Ambrose

Meeting up with gnusmas and a few others in Cwmrhaeadr. All welcome to come along and keep me company at the back.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Last bike park weekend of the season before the Snow comes. Heading there tomorrow, forecast for 2c and sleet. Can’t wait!

colournoise

Afan tomorrow in the rain (my first time there).
    BPW Sunday (my first time there since fracturing my elbow there in May).

keith74

Glentress bound tomorrow for a much needed skills course then spend Sunday and Monday playing in glentress and possibly a trip to Golfie and inners for off piste stuff.

speedstar

Taking my mate to Glentress for his second ever day of mountain biking. Was thinking Mud n’ Roots and Ponduro to start?!

Simon

Glentress for me tomorrow too. Then Golfie & Innerleithen on Sunday

doordonot
    Free Member

Family visit to Ilfracombe. Will escape on the road bike to tick off a few more hills from the 100 hills book. Decided not to pack mudguards as the weather report wasn’t showing rain. But now it is. Bah!

transporter13
    Free Member

Last minute 1st ever ride around ladybower in the lovely derbyshire mist and breeze with a mate. Wad much more preferable to a lap of cannock 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Had my legs ripped off by Singlespeedstu and Mrs stu today , lovely loop around the Kinver area .

hodgynd
    Free Member

Just back from Hamsterley with my lad ..had to check out the new section ( K- line) down there after its official opening last week ..some great work done by the trailblazers..it rides so well .
    Not so Transmission..which is completely shagged in comparison ..still fast though ..but I believe that it’s due to close soon for maintenance ..
    Cracking day though ..

Akers

Had a nice morning ride over Surrey Hills. Trails were in great condition for this time of year. 8)

CheesybeanZ

Nice unexpected local ride to finish the weekend .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding plans and pics’ is closed to new replies.