• This topic has 37 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Weekend riding plans?
  • jekkyl

My MIL is coming over tomorrow and she and my wife are going to theatre tomorrow evening. So not only am I allowed out all afternoon my going out is actively encouraged. Since I have 5 hours free I have in mind a big local ride and I am still thinking about my route. Looks like the weather will be of the ‘not raining’ variety so it’s all good.

What riding plans have you got for the weekend?

jedi

coaching tomorrow then maybe ride my horse then an all day session at herts on the woodwork

cocker
    Free Member

Sutton bank in the morning,pub in the afternoon

MoreCashThanDash

40 mile road ride tomorrow morning, hopefully a bit of fun on mountain bikes with the kids in the afternoon.

Watching the rain on Sunday from indoors, hopefully.

scotroutes

Great Glen Way tomorrow. Should I publish a link for the Blue Dot Watchers? 😆

colournoise

Edale.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Not quite decided yet, thinking Dark Peaks at the moment. Any group rides there tomorrow?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lakes, from Clappersgate down, right, up, down, right, s.o., left, up, down, along etc etc etc….

nedrapier

50 miles along the south coast tomorrow morning, 50 miles off road home again in the afternoon..

duncancallum

Tomorrow is scuppered by work. Gonna do a bit Sunday am

ahsat

Going to try a very slow 2-5 miles on the cross to see how the sciatica is bearing up. So rock and roll.

scandal42
    Free Member

Tomorrow morning is take bike to pieces and rebuild with new bits and cleaned old bits day.

Depending on how many f’ups I manage I’ll have a local road ride in the afternoon and hope the weather is good enough to take out the freshly built mtb on Sunday, hopefully the peaks.

rocketman
    Free Member

frequent intense Cannock

_tom_
    Free Member

Not riding as I’m doing Tough Mudder tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll be fun but I’m kinda dreading it, I hate running 😆

martinhutch

Lurgied up since last night. So that’s tomorrow buggered.

Stoner
    Free Member

Apparently they are opening two of the lifts here in Les gets this weekend. How fortunate that I’m here. And miraculously I have managed to replace my PF BB in the nick of time 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Si
    Free Member

Exmoor, have a nice big and slightly secretive Horner / Selworthy route in mind i want to try out. And Sunday well, will see what the weather does first, but I am loving the Triscombe trails on the Quantocks atm.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A wee day on the gondola riding the fort William red dh tomorrow. Sweet.

ontor
    Free Member

Get yourself back to god’s own singletrack Si!

tomaso
    Free Member

With all the rain I am thinking Elterwater for rocky fun dawn raid action.

Tracey

Will be doing a loop above Ladybower and then a late lunch at the inn. Calling in at 18 Bikes to pick Abigales bike up first

stewartc
    Free Member

Tai Mo Sham loops in 30 degree heat and 95% humidity, should get a sweat on

Si
    Free Member

Ontor – I did last week – was a touch disapointed felt very overused, unloved, straight-lined and worn out… Strava no doubt has brought our previously hard found trails to the massed

A wee day on the gondola riding the fort William red dh tomorrow. Sweet.

You not doing the black?

The bloody boardwalk on the red scares me more than owt on the black tbh 😉

jeffl

Well the wife is upstairs hugging porcelain so that’s tomorrow written off.

bikebouy
    Free Member

CX’er on top of the Moors over t’other side of t’Nidderdale.

I’m up very early, I want to catch the sunrise and dawn chorus of Bird song.

😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

currently waiting for the turbo to be delivered so I can roll round the living room

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wow that was spectacular! Up and over the top near Appletreewick, stunning birdlife and early morning dew followed by a stunning sunrise..

Back now for pancakes and coffee 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

In the queue for a weekend lift pass at Les gets. 99% men. Y no girrrrlz?

Sun’s out.

jekkyl

The wild trails are closing in, give it about another 3 weeks & this will be impassable.

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock was ‘kin brilliant today nothing like a football match to improve the trail conditions OARRRRRRRRSUM GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did the three towers route local to me on the Cross bike
    Interesting and mud on the cross bike was hard work

nedrapier

https://www.strava.com/activities/315024407

Perfect bike for the day. 50 miles on road, let some air out of the CX speeds at the top of Ditchling Beacon, then 50 miles off-road. Very grateful for the drops going into the wind. Not so grateful for the 48T single ring up front. Darkest lump on the horizon is Blackdown – home is the other side and I’m going the long way. Not very often I’ve had this perspective of the length of a ride. The end’s usually a lot more well hidden!

A wee breather:

The day’s attitude test at 87 miles: distinctly non-mandatory climbing. Do I go up this just to come straight down the side?

tomaso
    Free Member

Grasmere is where I got to and very nice it was too!

shortcut

Well I spent Saturday afternoon at Llandegla and Yesterday at Betws y Coed doing the Welsh Enduro my first non xc Enduro and what fun it was. Mid pack was better than expected.

maxtorque

I’ve had ManFlu for about a week, so yesterday i thought i’d ManUp and get out for a ride, hoping to blow it out, rather than just Veg in front of the telly.

Well, 2 mins into the ride my XTR pedal came off it’s axle (second set in a week!), so back to the car to fit spares, then i rode like a total spanner for an hr, and eventually ended up clipping/punching a tree, ripping my pinky open:

None too successful all-in-all 😥

Euro
    Free Member

Spent the weekend in Tipperary (yes, it is a long way) riding Bike Park Ireland. Same guy* who made the BPW but on a smaller scale. The rear wheel of my Stumpy Evo began shedding spokes at an alarming rate so hired a bike for most of Saturday. First ever extended spin on a DH bike (Kona Precept) and first ever uplift assisted riding. The Kona was ace and the uplifted was just what i needed. Going back this weekend too 😀

* Mr Sorrell is also the chap who’s been commissioned to build the trails at my local forest and after sampling his wares, i’m even more excited about them now. He builds a mean trail.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding plans?’ is closed to new replies.