• This topic has 27 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ahsat.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Weekend Riding + Pics
  • jekkyl

Temps in ‘falling below double figures shocker’ ont’ way into work this morning although the weekend looks mostly to be 15+, still indicative of the fact that winter is coming! Longs back on the legs soon and full finger gloves. If the Wife agrees I’m Cannock off-pisting with another forumite on Sunday evening.

Where you off? Have a good one. 😀

Stevet1
    Free Member

Going somewhere on Sunday but I’m on my tod so no real plans yet, maybe Cannock, maybe Delamere, maybe try out Havok bike park even for a laugh.

martinhutch

Got out before the rain today, maybe Swaledale on Sunday.

lowey

I, Along with a few others are riding from Barrow, along the Bay cycleway to Lancaster, then back to Bolton. Some 130 miles.

I’m dreading it. Why the hell I signed up for this madness is beyond me.

tomhoward

Just waiting for mrstomhowardtobe the pick me up to drive to glentress/Peebles for the weekend. Weather doesn’t look tooo heinous…

jekkyl

In one day Lowey? on what sort of bike? you’ll have a great time.
    You’re used to hike a bike lakeland rides so 130 miles of flatland should present no problems. In theory.

lowey

In one day Lowey? on what sort of bike? you’ll have a great time.

Croix de fer with slicks. Yep in the day. I seriously doubt the great time bit. I hate riding on tarmac with a passion. If it wasnt for charity I’d be throwing a sickie. 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m meant to be at Cwmcarn right now but I’ve got the Man Flu 🙁

Hoping to get out Sunday but I’m not pushing through a cold again.

fathomer

I’m fly to the Pyrenees tomorrow for a week with Altitude Adventure.

First time I’ve ever been on a biking holiday, really nervous that I’ll forget something, my bike will arrive broke, I’ll break something etc. etc but can’t bloody wait!

rickmeister

Pootle up the Rhine on some really nice trails to Schaffhausen and Rhine Falls, then back again. Flip flopping across the German Swiss border.. forecast 21 degrees in the last week of summer.

robbo1234biking

Did a long route home from work tonight. The wife is at a jewellery making course all weekend so I have to entertain a toddler! Hoping if the weather is OK we can put his seat on the back of the bike and do a lap of Carsington, otherwise there is little hope of any biking!

Anyway pic from earlier and the bright lights of Derby. Was the first off road excursion for the CX bike (other than gravel – actually went along a bridleway on it!)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YFjhWd]Long route home[/url] by Rob, on Flickr

blitz

Local ride tomorrow morning. Then South Wales! Cwmcarn Sunday, Afan Monday, BPW Tuesday. Can. Not. Wait.

Tracey

We have just arrived at the tunnel so with a bit of luck we should be riding the trails in Finale on Sunday. Got a couple of guided days booked with Finale Freeride and one with the Juliana lot.
    250 miles done. 800 miles to go.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Enjoyed a trip out in the Surrey Hills yesterday, with the obligitory stop in Peaselake village stores for a ‘slice’:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YojFQ5]Peaselake Bites[/url] by Mikey Scott, on Flickr

badnewz
    Free Member

so far weve had a photo of a road bike and of a bacon roll.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Sorry badnewz… afraid I can’t do much better from my pics this weekend.. this is the best I have, but at least it’s in the spirit of Strava’s “athletes* unfiltered”

*i certainly don’t fall into the category of athlete !

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YonRWb]Holmbury Hill[/url] by Mikey Scott, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

enjoying a little electrical stimulation today

MoreCashThanDash

Today I took 6 happy chatty folk on a 20 mile trip up and down the Nutbrook Trail so I could visit one of my favourite cafes.

Loving this ride leader lark

Tomorrow I will be ride leading a proper club run. Which will also feature one of my favourite cafes, funnily enough 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve had Black Death (or what feels like it) since Wednesday, so managed to get out and do about 2/3 of what I normally ride on a Saturday morning. Had an ace time on some greasy (not really muddy yet) trails.

mcnultycop

Just done a new bike thread, but I’ll share the pics again. Local blast to get it dialled.

ogden
    Free Member

Walk Life, Walk Giant

poah
    Free Member

Took Samuel to beecraigs country park today. Very gentle ride for me

vid from today – I thought he did really well but needs more practice at standing up and braking.

vmgscot

Biking at White Ranch, Golden, Colorado – last day of our USA biking roadtrip. Temperatures still a reasonable 84f

Poopscoop

Ogden, had that just killed the hanger or damaged the frame too?

Any idea of what happened? 🙁

ogden
    Free Member

Axle snapped, it’s killed the wheel, mech, and rear triangle.

Going to the giant shop in York tomorrow to see what they say about warranty. Not holding out much hope though

Poopscoop

ogden – Member
    Axle snapped, it’s killed the wheel, mech, and rear triangle.
    Going to the giant shop in York tomorrow to see what they say about warranty. Not holding out much hope though

Damn, sorry to hear that!
    Yeah, you’re at their mercy I guess.

Has any googling thrown this up as a known issue on that model of hub?

Potentially could have left you without even a walk out option… Glad that wasn’t the case at least.

blader1611
    Free Member

Ogden where is that trail you are on,looks familiar?

ahsat

20 mins on the turbo for me (as a result, no pictures). Know it sounds nothing, but haven’t sat on a bike for 2 months due to dislocating my knee, so feels like a pretty big achievement. Now ice in front of the World Champs.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding + Pics’ is closed to new replies.