Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Weekend in Brighton?
  • BillMC

Mrs MC has kindly organised a weekend in Brighton. I would be terribly grateful for any recommendations of what to see, where to eat, where to drink real ale. Cheers!

wwaswas

bring a bike – we meet at 9am, Stanmer Tearooms on a Sunday for a 2 hour ride on wooded singletrack 🙂

The Royal Pavilion is well worth a visit – the exterior actually looks quite bland once you’ve seen inside. The museum has some good stuff if you like design. Show at the Theatre Royal?

Terre a Terre is good (but vege) for something a bit different food wise or fish and chips on the pier (which, incidentally, is where and what my grandma and grandad did for their first date in the late 1920’s).

DezB
    Free Member

When you going? There’s always great gigs in Brighton

DaRC_L

Real Ale pubs – Evening Star
    Caxton Arms
    Hop Poles
    Coachhouse

Foodie restaurants 24 St Georges
    Little Fish Market
    Okinami
    Gingerman (or the GingerPig, GingerDog)

What to see depends upon what you like…

perthmtb
    Free Member

Is Al Fornos still there in the lanes?

Great Pizza and authentic setting – mind that was 35 years ago so it might have changed a bit 😳

Rubber_Buccaneer

I had some good cocktails in Merkaba (in MyHotel) and there is always Komedia for some basic comedy entertainment. I’d suggest joining wwaswas with a bike as Stanmer is well worth a look.

DaRC_L

Is Al Fornos still there in the lanes?

I think it’s been replaced by The House

BillMC

Thanks all and thanks for the invitation to ride but sadly we return on Sunday so riding’s off the agenda.

Alphabet

Are you going this weekend or a weekend in May? If May then the festival is on so much more than usual to see and do.

finbar
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’m going to Brighton this weekend. Got a table booked at Terre a Terre.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Weekend in Brighton?’ is closed to new replies.