Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Weekend Cycling plans (& pics)
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

More Riever training – more S Wales / Brecon Beacons back road lumpiness.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Where is the CX Abingdon being held? Is it Harwell?

stayhigh

Chilly early morning commute for me and depending what time I escape maybe a cheeky detour on the way home.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well, i got out of bed, put the coffee on and set about checking weather to see if i was going riding or going back to bed.
    Forecast promised me 1hr of sunny intervals followed by 4hrs of unbroken sunshine.

What i got however was 3hrs of:

Unimpressed 🙁

wiggles
    Free Member

Took my dad to cwmcarn, first time he has been on proper mtb trails… he had a nice walk.

Need to make a few adjustments but the new forks are very nice

wiggles
    Free Member

Think I killed the thread!

Did nobody go riding today then? 😉

mcnultycop

Too ill with skin infection. Went for a bit of a walk instead.

Crap really, I bought a new road bike 2 weeks ago and still haven’t ridden it properly.

SaxonRider

EDIT: Too late. Ignore me.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

We had a spin around Rivington today.
    It was a little chilly but that meant the mud was frozen,unlike the other week when it was a quagmire 😥

rOcKeTdOg

windysurfer
    Free Member

Just a quick ride in the Lakes for me,cold and frosty.
    Had a clear run down Loughrigg but had to stop to take a picture or two.

wiggles
    Free Member

That spider must be massive 😯

timidwheeler

We went to Chicksands and had a great time. Sorry no action shots but here’s a nice view of Mr TW’s helmet.

Vortexracing

Whinlatter for us lot 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/200582571[/video]

carlos
    Free Member

Made it to The Clywds and so did the cloud. I’m told the views are fantastic, unfourtunatley on Saturday visibility was down to about 200m 😥

Ground was frozen and riding nice. Not a big loop for us at around 40km but packs a punch with almost 2000 meters of climbing 😯

roverpig

Chasing the remnants of the snow from last week.

Ambrose

A Mid Wales ride to repair some damage reported to Moel Prysgau bothy. everything frozen over and as such we had to ‘icebreaker’ our way through the puddles and pools. Brrrr. Galibier gloves kept my hands warm. A combination of NW boots, merino Sealskins and WoolieBoolies were no match to the knee deep water though. Brrrr.

stewartc
    Free Member

Winter in Hong Kong is great, perfect for riding.
    Flew in from India Friday morning so treated myself to a ‘work from home afternoon’, pollution levels slightly lower that usuall so you could just make out HK island and the ICC Tower in the background.

Despite a small fracture on my thumb which made every gear change a real though provoking action I managed to get another 40km of riding in on Sunday, oh I will miss the 16 degree temperature when rainy season and summer hits.

lowey

The Other Lake District Borrowdale. Stunning valley – felt like I was in a remote Scottish Glen.

Didnt see another soul all ride. Could have been the last man alive.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Rs6ykP]20170121_113850[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/RoyXVW]20170121_120934[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Rs6qLv]20170121_122400[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

mcnultycop

@windysurfer those pics from Loughrigg look lovely. I’ll be heading up there in a couple of weeks.

nathb
    Free Member

Saturday:

Sunday:

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Saturday was a ride in South Wales on some of the steepest trails I’ve ever ridden. It was great fun and a bit scary! 15 miles and 4200ft of climbing. The views were great, and the trails were either bone dry or completely frozen.

Yesterday we went for a short 16 miles xc ride around Fods lesser known singletrack. Then realised there was no cat food so I rode into town on my bmx and picked tgat up. Which pushed my weeks riding to 56 miles and over 8000ft of climbing all off road. My legs are feeling it today.

prawny

I rode round in circles in the cul de sac to try and decide whether I should ride in today after fridays off. Got the train, it was hateful.

Ended up looking at fatbikes on the internet all weekend instead.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Saturday was a local bimble to check my legs were going to be up to Sunday. Sunday went and rode the Gap in the Brecon beacons. I say rode… there was some walking involved due to sheet ice!

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Cycling plans (& pics)’ is closed to new replies.