• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 7hz.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Wednesday pentlands ride
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Anyone? Usual craic I guess. 6.30 at Cargo at Lochrin Basin, 7 pm at the wee shop in Bonally.

Social ride. all welcome, anyone too fit and fast has to ride the climbs twice or wait for the old and slow.

beardy
    Free Member

Hopefully make it tomorrow

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Going to try and make this one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got some professional do on – free booze I think, better be 😡

bigjim

I’ll be stuck in meetings in oxford this week, have fun 😐

13thfloormonk

On the miraculous off-chance that the PIN for my new card arrives, and I can make it to EBC quickly enough, and I can pick up my new Whyte and get home and get all my kit together, then I might see you there.

debaser

yup, will be at bonaly for seven.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Guys – I am out. Night shift last night. Sorry. I think Druidh ( under suspension ATM for being a naughty boy) is intending to go

robgarrioch

Don’t know how it is through by, but seriously windy in Glesga. Let’s be careful out there.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Aye, windy here too. Was raining heavily an hour back but is sunny now.

Not making it out tonight…slept funny and got a sore neck 🙁

beardy
    Free Member

Its rather blustery in Mussy, presume the Pentlands may be worse – i’ll bow out.

debaser

Since it was just me at the Bonaly shop some Mudhoneys took pity on me and I tagged along on the Hervelo ride.

It was blowing a hoolie and a bit annoying when heading west but the nail trail with a 25 mph tailwind was ace and I was introduced to some nice bits of trail I’d never ridden before.

Great ride, although I’m sure it was more fun staying in and discussing the best climbs in the Pentlands on here 😉

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Well done debaser. I was out earlier and came back with a “windburn effect” on bare shin. I hardly had to pedal the whole way back into town!

Northwind

Riding home was such a slog I just couldn’t face the idea of going out again, sorry for being a quitter!

PS, what did Druidh do this time?

13thfloormonk

I was at Lochrin basin for 6:30 still desperately trying to set up the new bike, then on my way along the canal the crank fell off 🙁

Next wednesday fo sho.

robgarrioch

tagged along on the Hervelo ride

I trust you did the gentlemanly thing, allowing the laydeez to take the lead…

*** drums fingers ***

*** studies fingernails ***

C’mon Debaser, POIDH! 🙂

7hz
    Free Member

Guaranteed 30 blokes will turn up next week hoping they’ll be “the only one” 🙂

Kinda funny you all chickened out coz it was a bit windy… and all the girls stuck it out and went for the ride!

I’m out of the wed rides for the time being, doing kayaking stuff that evening for the foreseeable.

Knee has almost recovered after TJ made me hurt it :-p

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Wednesday pentlands ride’ is closed to new replies.