Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Wedding present ideas for the wife to be….
  • DT78
    Free Member

The soon to be Mrs mentioned to me she'd got me a present for our wedding which will also have to cover birthday & xmas which therefore sound mighty expensive.

Bit of a panic now because I hadn't even thought to get her anything, desperate for ideas? Jewellery would be nice so she could wear it on the day but I think she's pretty much got everything she wants already…

monkfish
    Free Member

An Iron, and if you really want to push the boat out get the ironing board as well

JoB
    Free Member

if you have to ask strangers what to get for your soon-to-be wife may i suggest you shouldn't get married?

🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I got my wife a quality pen and had in engraved with the date and location. She seemed pretty chuffed with that. However, I had the highground on that one as she got me a big fat nothing.

zigzag69
    Free Member

pre-nup. Plan ahead.

carbon337
    Free Member

washing machine – meile should do it

bazzer
    Free Member

Got mine a diamond bracelet and got my Best Man to take it down on the morning of the wedding.

Baz

glenh
    Free Member

She wants a present as well as getting married?!

tinker-belle
    Free Member

She gets you as her husband surely that's enough? 😉

What about some getting a diamond or two and taking it to a jewler who will make you up something special. My mum did me some earings for my 21st and they're still the best things I own.

Something like this.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We agreed not to buy each other presents as we were spending enough as it was.

Then she bought me a watch.

I bought her nowt as agreed.
    👿

user-removed
    Free Member

mastiles – been there, done that, sort of…. Xmas at her folks, agreement in place to only spend £20 on each other – she opens her £20 present to polite exclamations from her folks, I open my £120 present and feel like a miserable, greedy git 🙁 Not helped by the fact that in the past, I traditionally spent an awful lot more than her on pressies.

OP – how about a nice wee compact camera to take on honeymoon? That was my engagement pressie to the wife (I got sweet FA!).

bikemonkey
    Free Member

So, you shell out on an engagement ring, then a wedding, then a honeymoon and she needs a present as all of this isn't enough?

Does not compute.

Maybe you could agree not to fart in the bed for a month or something?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I was about to say what Bikemonkey said! So the fact you spent a small fortune (or even £20 it doesn't matter) on an engagement ring for her now you need to get her a wedding present! As a woman I would by my other half a present, simply because I would want to as he had got an engagement ring but otherwise nope what a crazy waste! I like the idea of no farting in bed for a month .. could you push it to 3 that would be tops!!! Easily pleased me!

Tvco
    Free Member

My wife bought me a second hand car for a wedding present. I was going to get her a present too but as I'd already shelled out on the engangement ring she said not too.

Best spend your time and money making your wedding day the best of her/your life.

That said I had a large bunch of flowers and a nice note delivered to her the morning of the wedding which went down really well.

Bedds
    Free Member

Bought mine a diamond necklace.. she didn't know a thing about it.. her bridesmaid was in on it and presented it to her as she was getting ready 😀

Well expensive, but utterly worth it..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bought mine a diamond necklace..

Must. Resist.

DT78
    Free Member

She said that I didn't have to get her anything – I'm sure she won't mind if she doesn't get anything, just that I will feel tight / guilty etc…

She is helping out her fair share financial with the wedding so it's not like I'm paying for everything!

Thanks for the (sensible) suggestions so far!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Someones got to say it;

Pearl neckless and take her up the OXO tower?

BigDummy
    Free Member

A solid platinum dildo with the words "A solid platinum dildo means true love" inscribed on it. Apparently they're quite pricey though. 🙂

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Keep it simple an album with pictures of you both or something along those lines.

marsdenman
    Free Member

MrsMM rec'd something along the lines of this –
    caution, shows a necklace that includes some pearls…
    left it as a surprise to be passed to her on the wedding day – she's hardly taken it off since… – looked great with the wedding dress, looks great with most things, and not OTT pricey…

Bedds
    Free Member

Bought mine a diamond necklace..

Must. Resist.

lol 😉

teagirl
    Free Member

As an antidote to all the spending you and family have done for the wedding, send the present money to children in Africa. Just a thought.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A solid platinum dildo with the words "A solid platinum dildo means true love" inscribed on it. Apparently they're quite pricey though

LOL too right they are. Made to order from the USA, 5.25'' x 0.67'' and requiring one AA battery that lasts approximately 16 hours. And they come with a 3 year warranty too.

Apparently. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

That's some good battery life! It's no wonder every woman wants one.

the-muffin-man

We didn't get each other anything!!!

Bunnyhop

Hubby bought me a pair of pearl earrings, handing them over just after the ceremony.
    He's not the romantic type, so it was a complete wonderful surprise.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Rich bought me a necklace, it was lovely, a really nice surprise.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I think a present for getting married is way OTT, but a pair of earrings or necklace to wear on the wedding day would be nice.

larry

I bought my now wife a pendant watch, she however loves antique type things and had always wanted a vintage pocket watch. I thought a pendant watch would be better as she could wear it round her neck, given that ladies never seem to have pockets in clothes. I put a small note in the wooden box it came in saying "just a little something to make sure your on time". She loved it and it made her cry, so I guess job was done.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

larry…she probably cried at your grammatical error! 8)

user-removed
    Free Member

Larry's wife

😉

theotherjonv

ref: electrical items that last for 16 hours. Do you think there would be a market in Africa for wind up ones. Same as torches, and radios?

When's the next series of Dragon's Den? I'll put a smile on Deborah Meaden's face.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Wedding present ideas for the wife to be….’ is closed to new replies.