Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Website to load and display multiple GPX files so I can trace a route over them?
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Basically want to combine the best of my own and other peoples routes, load them up so they are overplayed, then trace/plot my new route over the top.

Does anyone possibly know if this can be done, and where?

Thanks. Moe

5thElefant
    Free Member

Not a website but Google Earth will let you do that.

christhetall
    Free Member

Not a website, but Garmin Base Camp is the best tool I’ve used for comparing, editing, stitching etc

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Thanks folks, just having a play now. Do I need to pay for maps to have a satellite view as it appears to show only a terrain-type one.

slowoldman

You can load multiple routes into bikehike.co.uk

scotroutes

+1

monkfish
    Free Member

I did something similar with Google Earth. From what I remember I was limited to 9 layers so you have to export it once you get to 9 routes and re import that as a flattened file. I had 20+ routes I was stitching together.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Looks interesting, thanks.

hot_fiat

Crack open the GPX files and stitch them together yourself with Excel? They’re just an XML document & the structure’s pretty self-explanatory.

Failing that, something like ITN converter is good for this sort of thing & far less unfathomable than basecamp.

jonba
    Free Member

How, when I load asecond route it clears the first. This would be really useful for me.

belugabob
    Free Member

How, when I load a second route it clears the first. This would be really useful for me.[/quote]

Load a GPX
    Click on ‘Options’, at the bottom right
    Click on the ‘Merge route’ button
    Click on the little red cross icon
    Continue loading as many more GPX files as you want to

jonba
    Free Member

Learn something new everyday! Thanks,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Website to load and display multiple GPX files so I can trace a route over them?’ is closed to new replies.