Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Weber One Touch vs One Touch Premium – what are the differences?
  • ratherbeintobago

And what does that bit under the bowl on the Premium do?

Ta

Andy

k-sugden
    Free Member

The Premium has better vent control and the bit under the bowl collects the ashes. I have a large premium at home and a smaller one touch in my caravan, the premium does not preform any better and is not worth the extra in my opinion. I got mine cheep at the end of the season.

Weber Charcoal does preform better than supermarket stuff and if you shut the vents when you have finished it goes out and can be reused. The lighting chimney also works very well.

Regards Keith

thejesmonddingo

I’ve had both,and find the premium cleaner and more convenient,but yer pays yer money etc.Either way,probably the best charcoal grill available at the minute.
    Ian

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have the large premium its cleaner as the pot collects the ash also the grill is hinged so you can add more coal as you go along.

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone use the special Weber rack things to put the food down in with the coals? I was going to try it but have lost the manual…

k-sugden
    Free Member

[Anyone use the special Weber rack things to put the food down in with the coals? I was going to try it but have lost the manual]

Hi yes I use them you put the food in the centre of the normal rack not down with the coals cooks a bit like a normal oven but with the charcoal taste I put an aluminium tray under the food on the coal rack to catch any fat stops flair ups and burnt food.

Pieface

Although a barbecue is good fun, I still think they’re a touch over-rated, all your doing is grilling a burger / sausage in a massively dirty and smokey way

MikeG

[Anyone use the special Weber rack things to put the food down in with the coals? I was going to try it but have lost the manual]

Hi yes I use them you put the food in the centre of the normal rack not down with the coals cooks a bit like a normal oven but with the charcoal taste I put an aluminium tray under the food on the coal rack to catch any fat stops flair ups and burnt food.

This.

Best roast chicken ever done like this, load each side with as many brickettes as you can and let the flames go out, tinfoil tray in the middle, chicken on the top, put the lid on and leave for an hour and a half to two hours. Delicious 🙂

Big leg of lamb rubbed in tandoori powder done the same way is good as well.

Think I’ll dig the weber out of the garage today. nom nom

molgrips
    Free Member

Right.. so because there are no coals directly under the food it doesn’t get charred and can do a smokey slow cook?

Gotcha.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Weber One Touch vs One Touch Premium – what are the differences?’ is closed to new replies.