Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Web Hosting recommendation
  • creamegg
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good Web Hosting company? Preferably UK based if possible. Don’t necesserily need the web building software as i’ve already created the website in Dreamweaver.

thanks

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve just shifted over to TSO host and they’ve been ace. Really helpful (their tech support normally responds within an hour, and once you’ve started an email chain with them, they tend to fire out responses asap).

creamegg
    Free Member

thanks peter, just sending them a few questions now

xiphon
    Free Member

United Hosting are pretty good

http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk

bex
    Free Member

I use 1 and 1 who, so far, have been excellent. DON’T use an American company called Go Daddy – they ‘lost’ our website and were deeply unhelpful bordering on downright rude when we contacted them (several trans-Atlantic calls). The upshot was I had to start all over again building my site and then finding a host.

elliott-20
    Free Member

I use 1 and 1 who, so far, have been excellent

Don’t hold your breath.

I’ve used 1and1 both commercial and for personal use for many years and they are far from excellent. Tech support consist of three guys in the states and your hosting is actually in Germany. Slow to respond and will monkey you out of as much cash as possible.

For example. We were charged nearly £2000 pounds for a month hosting because we went over our dedicated server allowance. Our server logs told us otherwise so we thoroughly investigated possible hacking, spam, etc on our server and there was no evidence of anything of the sort. They refused to refund (we were on Direct Debit) even though they too couldn’t prove or show us their evidence of this so-called excessive usage apart from the automatic bill they sent to us.

I’ve cut a long story short but I will never recommend them to anyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Web Hosting recommendation’ is closed to new replies.