Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • web hosting
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a good web hosting company? Preferbably UK based so I can talk to them if I have problems. It’s for a WordPress project, so I’ll need linux/php/mysql.

Was looking at Daily.co.uk for about £6/month (it’s where I registered the domain name). Are they all much of a muchness?

Advise please.

donsimon
    Free Member

I use 1and1 and have been very happy.

atlaz
    Free Member

1and1 support is based in the Philippines these days and they hardly have any UK staff left 😉

I won’t pimp my own company here but my email is in my profile if you want some recommendations/advice (unbiased at that)

donsimon
    Free Member

Never needed to use support, so not an issue, get the product right in the first place… 😉

Karl33to
    Free Member

Got about a dozen sites hosted with Daily at work and we’ve never had any real problems with them, their support is pretty good too.

jon1973
    Free Member

I use 1and1 and have been very happy.

Is this just for a personal website? they’re doing up to 12 months free at the moment. What package are you on?

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s called “1 and 1 plan confort”, don’t know if the English site has the same though. Although the site is not professionally designed I believe it can be in the right hands.

Russell96

I use Bytemark, a bit geeky for some, but at least I have full control over the operating system including console access for when I muck up and as such the php mysql versions etc.. UK based but so far all of my questions have been answered through the support forums and Wiki.

Homepage

spacemonkey

Zen. English people based in Englandville who speak English on a freephone numero.

jon1973
    Free Member

Zen. English people based in Englandville who speak English on a freephone numero.

muchas gracias

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘web hosting’ is closed to new replies.