Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin (plus Balti Content)
  • BigJohn

That wasn’t what I expected.

Somehow I’d got it into my head that it was a Kevin & Perry follow-up. Mrs BigJohn couldn’t understand why I was so keen to go. I think it might have won me some “sensitivity points”.

We saw it at the Electric in Brum, which is a nice little place that has sofas and they keep bringing you beer during the film if you text them. Which is good.

Also good is you can combine the trip with a bumburner in the famous Balti Triangle.

We went to Al Faisals for a change (next to the old Adils on Stoney lane) and despite it looking a bit posh it does a fantastic curry at normal prices. We’ll be going back there again.

philconsequence
    Free Member

really looking forward to seeing that film! read a couple of interviews and have a vague idea what its about…. did you enjoy it?

BigJohn

Really good film. I was engaged, but I’m not sure “enjoy” is le mot juste.

philconsequence
    Free Member

makes sense 🙂

*adds to must watch list*

cheers!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What curry did you have?

scruff
    Free Member

If your not busy John I have some doors which require replacement.

emsz
    Free Member

read the book. V disturbing ending, not sure I’d want to see a film!

phinbob

@emsz – I read the book, enjoyed it.

No way I’m going to the film, because if it’s done well it’s going to deliver the impact of the book but in much less time than reading it.

Can’t see how you’re going to feel good coming out at the end of it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If your not busy John I have some doors which require replacement.

😀

(I don’t know what this is about, but I’m intrigued…)

BigJohn

I had a Kashmiri tak tak tawa with lamb and chicken and the Mrs had chicken on the bone with spinach.

Yes I’ll be able to do your doors. I’ll text you.

I haven’t read the book but I got the feeling the director took one strand and worked on that.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I read the book a few years back and some of the scenes are still very vivid in my mind. I get flashbacks randomly that take me back to my imagination when I was reading the book. Not sure I could face the film but I have heard it is excellent.

Kit
    Free Member

and they keep bringing you beer during the film if you text them.

So customers are texting and staff are coming in and out all through the film? I’m sorry, but that would annoy the **** out of me!

BigJohn

It’s a small cinema and the sofas (where the waiter service is available) are at the back so totally non-intrusive.

Oldest cinema in the UK and one of the nicest viewing experiences. No riff raff.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘We Need to Talk About Kevin (plus Balti Content)’ is closed to new replies.