Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • We know who they are but can't catch them….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

A classic line delivered to me by a police constable this morning! Must frustrate the hell out of them!
    Someone tried to pinch my site forklift last night, even had the brass neck to do it just before 7pm and leave their latex gloves “on the scene”.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

We know who they are but because they aren’t working and the prisons are full to bursting point, it’s not cost effective to prosecute them. It is far more cost effective to hound otherwise honest hard working property owners for the slightest infringement of the law…

FTFY

molgrips
    Free Member

Bollocks.

Police say stuff like that because you can’t just ‘know’ something, you have to be able to back it up with real evidence. And a bloody good thing too.

Or would you prefer more Birmingham Sixes?

wwaswas

It is far more cost effective to hound otherwise honest

even criminals are ‘otherwise honest’ when they’re not committing a crime, surely?

I’m only a speeding driver when I exceed the speed limit…

patriotpro
    Free Member

A couple of years ago, there was a load of site-machinery taken from a site in cleckheaton, the site managers used 2 vehicles to block the site entrance against ram-raids, so what the thieves did was use the vehicles blocking the entrance to ram through the site entrance and use them to transport the machinery they had stolen away from the site.

😆

binners

I thought it was because the Police don’t have time to catch criminals, as they’re now expected to be an arm of social services for the local Jeremy Kyle fodder

LEAVE IT DARREN, EES NOT WORF IT!!!!!!!

tonyd

honest hard working property owners

Nice, wish I wasn’t renting now. Dreaming of Sunday mornings…..

Comfy chair in the conservatory – check!
    Cup of tea – check!
    Plate of assorted biscuits – check!
    Copy of Mail on Sunday – check!

Ah, heaven.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tucker troll tastic as per usual. Coppers everywhere are indeed just as you describe

bails

If a policeman buys a house does he have to arrest himself?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i rent therefore i have immunity!

*runs off to smoke a cannabis cigarette the size of a childs face*

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

*runs off to smoke a cannabis cigarette the size of a childs face*

pah, amateur – I am a property owner therefore I regularly smoke child’s faces the size of cannabis cigarettes – yeah that’s right that’s either very big joints or very small children. Or both. that’s because it’s not the first property I’ve owned. oh no – serial property owner me. Hardcore.

philconsequence
    Free Member

you start of casually buying a flat with friends, soon you’re trading up and its not long before you’ve tried a 2 bedroom terrace, the slippery slope to 3 or 4 bed detached properties is horrendous. i’ve lost many friends to property.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The policeman in question wasn’t just spouting. It’s a well known gang who they haven’t managed to catch “red handed” yet. Spoke to him again earlier and some CCTV footage may be of use but they have an idea of what the lads look like.

bigyinn
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Bollocks.

Police say stuff like that because you can’t just ‘know’ something, you have to be able to back it up with real evidence. And a bloody good thing too.

Or would you prefer more Birmingham Sixes?
    Eh? Where was the OP suggesting someone be framed / fitted up?
    Get back to your daily wail molgripes. 🙄

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Tucker troll tastic as per usual. Coppers everywhere are indeed just as you describe

Not surprising really, because it isn’t ‘the coppers’, but how they are run. I know, my partner’s late father having been a fairly high ranking one (Bomb Squad, Royal Protection Officer). As with a great many ill’s, the buck stops with the bean counters.

And Junkyard, just because someone posts something you don’t understand, it doesn’t warrant a ‘troll’ tag. Voltaire: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Cougar

Does he rank the highest in Rome?

molgrips
    Free Member

Eh? Where was the OP suggesting someone be framed / fitted up?

What I am saying is that because people (police or otherwise) think they ‘know’ who did something, doesn’t mean they are actually correct.

That’s why we have due process of law, and that’s why the coppers in this case can’t catch the perps.

binners

I don’t think Voltaire would like the interweb very much

bigyinn
    Free Member

It’s a well known gang who they haven’t managed to catch “red handed” yet

Did you miss that bit molgrips?

molgrips
    Free Member

No.

I’m outlining the general principles.

bigyinn
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

No.

I’m outlining the general principles.
    Well done, you know about the general principles. So what.

No action has been taken due to lack of specific proof, which is what you’re banging on about that they should be doing. If the MO looks the same as a number of other cases (“well known gang”) then its no bad thing the policeman mentions it.

molgrips
    Free Member

No action has been taken due to lack of specific proof, which is what you’re banging on about that they should be doing

Yes.

My point was in response to those who seemed to be complaining about the police not being bothered to take action despite knowing who did it.

stumpyjon

molgrips is right, arrests need to be based on evidence that has a reasonable expectation of conviction.

Whether the standards of proof required to attain the conviction are too high or whether the burden on the prosecution in terms of following procedure to the letter is too great is another more pertinent question.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

and the prisons are full to bursting point,

Err…no they’re not.

maccruiskeen

Junkyard
    Free Member

And Junkyard, just because someone posts something you don’t understand, it doesn’t warrant a ‘troll’ tag.

I think you somewhat overstate the complexity of the statements you make on here. Ps i said it was nonsense via the method of sarcasm – do you really want to argue that this is either true or too complicated to understand?

It is far more cost effective to hound otherwise honest hard working property owners for the slightest infringement of the law

[quote]

Voltaire: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    Physician heal thyself

Ps the quote is given to many folk and there is a biblical variant

konabunny
    Free Member

molgrips is right, arrests need to be based on evidence that has a reasonable expectation of conviction.

Is that actually the condition precedent for use of the power of arrest?

mildred

No

wrightyson
    Free Member

PC came to see me again yesterday, after watching some CCTV footage next door that i had got it would appear its not who he “thought it was”! He was pretty pissed off to be fair as he was hoping to arrest them the same day if the id’s had matched. However he did also come to tell me that the site 1/2 a mile away had a mini digger pinched the night before 🙄

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘We know who they are but can't catch them….’ is closed to new replies.