Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • We all like new bikes and this is my new one. Transition Scout (medium)
  • 2hottie
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the idea of a shorter rear travel FS with a longer fork. So when the Scout came out I was pretty keen. After many months of reading the internet I finally ordered it. Issue was same day I ordered the frame sod’s law kicked in an I broke my arm! bloody five a side footy!

Still gave me time to select the parts and get it all shipped to Aus, frame was ordered here tho.

So Spec is as follows,

Transition Scout (M)
    Pike 150mm RCT3 solo air,
    Mavic Crossmax XL wheelset tubeless with the Quest tires
    Reverb Dropper 125mm
    Raceface turbine 35mm dia bars at 760mm
    Raceface turbine stem (50mm)
    Hope Headset, BB and seat clamp
    Raceface 170mm Cinch turbine cranks with a 32tooth ring.
    Saint mech and shifter.
    XT 10spd 11-36 (no way was I paying the big dollar for Sram cheese) I’ll wait to XT turns to DI2 in a year or so. Failing that I’ll buy XT 11spd if I struggle with climbing.
    XTR chain.
    Raceface grips and Gobi Saddle.
    XT brakes with Ice tech 180mm rotors

Weight…. is more than the other bike. Guessed at 13kg ish but considering i’m almost 100kg it’ll be fine.

Rides nice during the ride around the streets test.

Anyway pictures

Cheers 2hottie.

renton
    Free Member

Looks nice.

Can you tell the difference between the 35mm stem and bars compared to normal stuff.

2hottie
    Free Member

The forks are much stiffer than my old Float 120mm which is likely to contribute to the stiffer feeling however the bars used to flex under hard efforts on the older bike and that was with an Easton Haven bar at 711mm 31.8dia – haven’t really ridden the new bike properly yet but even when sat on the old one I could make the bar/stem/fork – flex and twist by leaning on it. The new set up feels stiffer without the flex. This could be a number of things noted above but I do believe that the bar is stiffer.

Depending on your set up you may not notice it as much.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Looks very nice.

daveh
    Free Member

Nice bike, nice spec.

You know, the green OneUp 42t with Radr cage would colour match just splendidly with that… 😈

Superficial
    Free Member

You’ve gone from a very flexy front end to basically the stiffest option you could go for. No wonder it feels different and I’m not sure you can draw too many conclusions on the merits of 35mm.

But that looks like a LOT of fun.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You should rotate those brake levers and hear shifters to a more natural angle. Nice looking bike. Fellow Transition owner here.

2hottie
    Free Member

Indeed a Radr cage has been considered… I’ll see how I get on and more importantly the wife gave me a budget for the whole bike which the Radr cage would fit in.

I’ve been adjusting the levers and seeing what works best.. the Reverb is on the left underneath.. what side of the lever do most people run it?

Also it does feel like a bike that’ll be a riot! manualling it wasn’t an issue and I’ve been off the bike for 7 weeks…

BigDummy
    Free Member

We were talking sizing on these the other week – how tall are you?

Cheers 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

Big Dummy

I’m paltry 5’7″ – I’ve short legs with a longer torso the Scout feels pretty good I was unsure on sizing but weighed it for a while. Considered a large frame but went for the medium just seemed the right choice and looking a transitions sizing I was bang in the middle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘We all like new bikes and this is my new one. Transition Scout (medium)’ is closed to new replies.