Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wbhat walking boots – 4 Season ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

my venerable Salomon Goretex have failed. Leaking around the stitching.

What walking boot offerss on and offroad capability without going into mountaineering extremes ?

TIA 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve never used anything other than Scarpa. So……Scarpa Cristallo, or is that too mountaineeringly?. It’s on the borderline between mountaineering and walking, certainly winter walking and with enough rigidity to kick steps, but quite light (in 4 season boot terms). Or, SL Active, if you want something more walking orientated.

grum
    Free Member

I’m sure I sound like a stuck record, but ones that fit you properly.

RustySpanner

Depends what you want to do with ’em really.

For low level pottering, any fabric boots with a membrane or leather boots will be fine.

For walking the kind of trails I’d normally ride, I like Karrimor KSB’s or the leather equivalent ‘cos they fit.
    Comfy, good Vibram sole, waterproof and not too stiff.

Anything high and snowy and the crampon compatable Scarpas come out.

But for 90% of the time I just wear the Karrimors.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Whatever the equivalent of scarpa manta is now.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That’ll be a Scarpa Manta then 😀

footflaps

Bit overkill for 99% of stuff.

I use GTX fabric boots for everything except front pointing where I use either Plastic Boots or Solomon Super Mountain 9s.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bit overkill for 99% of stuff.

That’s what I thought (in view of OP’s comment), the Cristallo is next level down, I think?

somouk
    Free Member

I wear my Lowa GTXs everywhere and they’re fantastic. Especially with the Sorbothane insoles.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I have some scarpa’s for sale…size 43 model SL M3 cost around £185 will sell for around £60
    they are a year or so old but hardly worn (present from MIL but too snug for me) photos are available if interested…

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, Wbhat ones for me too.

(sorry)

TooTall
    Free Member

ones that fit you properly.

North Face and German-branded boots tend to be wide fitting, Italian-made boots are traditionally a narrower foot.

Go to a shop and try them on. Now. GO! Stop asking daft questions on the internet and GO GO GO.

ElShalimo

As said above fit is everything with boots.

The Altberg Mallerstang (sometimes called the Cairngorm) is available in 5 width fittings and half sizes from 5-14. If it doesn’t fit you then you need get your next boots from a farrier

Great pair of boots and will take a C1 crampon (similar to Scarpa SL)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wbhat walking boots – 4 Season ?’ is closed to new replies.