Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Way OT … Luggage advice
  • surfdad
    Free Member

Any good deals on wheeled luggage around at the moment? I do a lot of travelling for work and when I buy a 30 quid job it never seems to last more than a couple of trips.

So I need a reasonable sized case (not cabin baggage size) that won’t break the bank and is pretty tough.

Any suggestions?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Cotswold outdoor are doing a craghoppers 80l longhaul with a detachable rucksack, wheels, long handle and all the usual gubbins for £65 instead of a £100.

It was reccomended by someone on here and it’s been great.

bazzer
    Free Member

I have a couple of Dakine split rollers and they have lasted a fair while.

surfdad
    Free Member

@Zedsdead where did you see the craghoppers one? Sounds ideal but I can’t find it on their website …

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Do an awful lot of travelling for work, and I’m afraid to say that Samsonite have been the only ones that have survived lots of trips. They do have the cheaper “American Tourister” brand, which seems to be the same case but lots cheaper.

If you’re anywhere near Chester, they have an outlet shop at Cheshire Oaks.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Briggs and Riley, I’ve got one odds their roller cabin-y bags, might be from the fuse range iirc? Not cheap but perfect for what I need, and comes with lifetime warranty… So well thought out and should last me effectively for every. You know what they say about buying cheap…

avdave2

I’m on my second Carlton Suitcase after 14 years of very regular flying. The first one only needed replacing as some baggage handler in Helsinki dropped it out of the hold onto the tarmac. The nice people at BA bought me a new one though.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

surfdad – I can’t seem to find it now either? 🙁

It is available direct but a bit dearer… I’ll keep looking to see if I can find it…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Way OT … Luggage advice’ is closed to new replies.