Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Way of the Roses – new NCN route
  • cinnamon_girl

There was an article in yesterday's Times concerning this new route (Blackpool to Bridlington), devised by Sustrans.

The rather nice photo in The Times definitely looked off-road but having checked the Sustrans website, it says minor roads and lanes are used. The trail has its own website but is obviously a work in progress.

Does anyone know anything about this route please?

Thank you so much. 🙂

teagirl
    Free Member

CG, it's a road route and it must be complete now and available from Sustrans, I did half a couple of years so looking forward to completing it and having a jolly day at the seaside, although by the time I get there it'll be dark and I'll have missed the last bus home….

cinnamon_girl

teagirl – thanks but it doesn't open til September. It's a long way isn't it? What did you think of it?

The photo definitely looks offroad and shows a mountain biker on it.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Officially due to open September 11 according to the NYTimes ( North Yorkshire Times ) freebie paper that landed through my letterbox last week.

Will connect Morecombe, to Bridlington passing through :-

Forest of Bowland
    Yorkshire Dales National Park
    Nidderdale AONB
    among others,
    with a southern strand planned from Pateley Bridge to York via Harrogate& Knaresborough some time next year…

As it's Sustrans my guess would be a mix of Sustrans cycle ways and quiet / minor roads ….

Does sound like it may be good though

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Way of the Roses – new NCN route’ is closed to new replies.