Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Waving the white flag
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Giving up. Throwing in the towel. Waving the white flag. Etc.

I do so hope to see the odious "Call me Ed" Balls having a Portillo moment later in the week…. 😉

souldrummer
    Free Member

Seems very sensible to me. Why vote Labour when you could possibly unseat a Tory but voting Liberal. Tactical voting I think they call it!!!

noteeth
    Free Member

I do so hope to see the odious "Call me Ed" Balls having a Portillo moment later in the week

Vee vill haf him shot at dawn primarolo, herr-kommandant.

All this talk of Portillo moments is making me nostalgic… 1997 MayDay free party on Oxford's Port Meadow, as pictured in the now-defunct Muzik magazine. I'm stood on a speaker stack (not the guy with arms in the air – my baseball cap is just visible to the right). Voted at about 07:15 am – and spent a happy day watching the Tory Government fall apart… 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

I've got a tenner bet on Labour getting castrated on Thursday. If Farage beats Bercow and Dave gets at least 325 seats I'll be a very happy bunny indeed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bearing in mind just how discredited New Labour have become. Bearing in mind how rare it is for any party in the UK to remain in government for more than three terms. Bearing in mind how exactly 12 months ago, the Tories had a 22% lead over Labour.

Bearing all that in mind, I find it quite astonishing it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Tories will walk it on thursday with a huge majority….and it isn't a foregone conclusion.

It is a reflection on how the Tory Party and it's policies, have utterly failed to inspire the voters.

The Tories will probably win on thursday. But their government will almost certainly be weak and without a strong mandate. Nothing to be proud of really, specially when you consider the British electorate has tendency to kick parties out of power after a few terms anyway – whether they've preformed well or not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Waving the white flag’ is closed to new replies.