Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wattbike Atom
  • smogmonster

So, what do people think? £1500 is far less than i feared the ‘smartbike’ would cost. Apparently it had the full feedback from Zwift for hills etc, so it may well be that my Wahoo Kickr is to up for sale very soon….once the (hopefully positive) reviews start to drop.

mooman
    Free Member

Looks good so far

mattbee

Have ordered one. Between me & the Mrs our turbo gets hammered & I was going to buy a fancy smart trainer. Once you’ve dropped nigh on 1k on a decent one, new cassette for the direct drive too & it looked pretty good.
    Scheduled to arrive early Jan though so we’ll see if it was worth it when it arrives.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Must admit it does look pretty good. If I hadn’t got my Neo last winter i’d be having a look at this. Be keen to see a proper review of this (rarely see anyone review turbos where they properly quantify their ride characteristics – dcrainmaker guilty of this, which is surprising considering the depth he goes into on other far more trivial aspects.)

tonyg2003

I like the Wattbike (I did a session yesterday). The only complaint that I might have is that the Q factor is a little big.

If I didn’t have a taxc Neo I’d probably consider the Atom since it would be far easier to swap users for my wife/son than having to swap bikes / cassettes on the Neo.

stevious

Just curious OP – why would you swap out a (pretty decent) smart trainer for one of these instead?

mooman
    Free Member

Dcrainmaker got a little preview on it posted up. I been looking at getting a smart trainer this winter.

It seems a pretty much perfect indoor trainer. Simulated resistance for 25% climbs; steadier to get out of seat and pedal; more reliable/accurate power than kickr/Tacx, and a smaller footprint.

Santa will be getting my list early this year.

mrblobby
    Free Member

have is that the Q factor is a little big.

I think they’ve reduced it a bit, but this was bad with the old wattbike. I see the cranks are 170 too, not sure if you can change this on the Atom or if you’re stuck with that.

I can’t find much on how it actually works. It sounds like it works more like the Neo (with the virtual flywheel – which would be a very good thing) than a Kickr, but there’s next to no detail on the wattbike site on that. Forget that, still looks like an old fixed flywheel with motor controlled resistance, so more like a Kickr or a Flux. Bit of a shame.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wattbike Atom’ is closed to new replies.