Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Waterproofs – any recommendations?
  • heihei

I’m a sweaty git so needs to be very breathable. Any ideas?

paul9961
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Endura Venturi, made from eVent material. Really breathable, very light, very waterproof.
    Also got some decent sized pockets and a headphone hole to an internally zipped pocket.
    Cost me £130 quid from my lbs, so its not cheap, but I intend to keep it for long enough…

loddrik
    Free Member

Goretex army trousers, £10, can’t complain at that!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

British Army DPM jacket. It got me through EVERY weekend out last winter. In that I didn’t think anything was an issue. Plus with two merino wool icebreakers and the DPM it handles sub-zeros spot on.

Sick of goretex cycling jackets. Weak as piss and made to a weight v max price to extract from punters.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Pace event jacket, wore it at the Merida last weekend mostly as a windproof, not saying I was bone dry underneath but I wouldn’t have been if I’d worn my old gore tex.

Not cheap, £100, but works really well. Has survived washing too!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

eVent is the most breathable of all the new breed of waterproof fabrics. Way more so than GoreTex. Needs a little more cleaning and care, but it’ll reward you!

loddrik
    Free Member

In the cold winter months breathability can take a back seat as long as it is waterproof and durable. My altura altitude jacket has done me proud for a few years now. It has seen several goretex jackets come and go as none have come close ti superseding it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Waterproofs – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.