Basically, my mother (bless her) washed my waterproof jacket after being politely asked not to. Using biological detergent and woolite? "because it's good for delicates" or something. Anyway, can't do anything about what happened, but what's the best way to recover it?
I put it through 2 rinse cycles as soon as i found out (was still wet) then a normal wash, no detergent. It's drying outside now. The way I understand it is the detergent bonds to the water repellant coating, making it not repel water. So the fabric becomes saturated and not breathable.
I know you get the re-proofers, but will they do anything to reverse the effects of the enzymes in the detergent? Should I keep washing it to remove all traces of the detergent before trying to apply new water repellant stuff?