Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproof overshoes for 5:10's…ductape?
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Any waterproof overshoes for 5:10s out there or indeed Any flat riding shoes.

Stiggy

Merino socks will keep your feet warm when wet if thats any use 🙂

tymbian
    Free Member

You’ve confirmed my fears that there is no direct solution.

dudeofdoom

i’ve used xl Mtb overshoes on them but a tight squeeze and tbh they were still soaked 🙁
    Although ride a lot in shorts I think it runs down leg )

merino rocks.

billytinkle
    Free Member

I’ve not tried it, but what about this sort of thing – http://www.amazon.co.uk/DG-Nano-Ultra-Hydrophobic-Waterproof-Spray/dp/B00EYYEKYA

That’s out of stock, but do a search for nano waterproofing, buy some stuff and report back.

Twin
    Free Member

These with your normal socks underneath. Not dry, but cut out the wind and keep your feet toasty warm.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Don’t bother. Just get sealskinz socks. Shoes get wet, feet are dry.

Better still, get Elements version of Five Tens and they’ll dry out quicker.

Twin
    Free Member

The wetsuit sock solution is much better than sealskins (I’ve got both) and less than a third of the price.

devs
    Free Member

First time I did the Puffer I bought a few pairs of Aldi overshoes to do a few laps each in and then bin. I tried them for size over my 5:10s but decided I looked like Olive Oil out of Popeye so never used them. They’re probably in the corner of my garage somewhere. Spraying them with Grangers and wearing sealskins is preferable.
    I had ion mask boots for festivals which were awesome for a few years but one leaks a tiny bit now if you stand in a puddle. These nano whatsits definitely work for a while but they are far from permanent.

mtbtom
    Free Member

I’ve cut squares of innertube and put them over the tongue, under the laces.

Isn’t the same as waterproofing, but at least the first puddle runs off the tongue rather than soaking straight in.

pictonroad

Shimano shoes with the lace flap and sealskinz keeps out most of the wet. Happy with this combo on Tuesday through the puddles and muck. Rain will get in eventually but it’s a good solution.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof overshoes for 5:10's…ductape?’ is closed to new replies.