Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Waterproof jacket (with a hood)
  • Mounty_73

Looking for a waterproof jacket, ideally with a hood and lighweight.

Got a budget of appox £100.

I have been looking at the Madison Zennith and Addict, but reading conflicting reviews, some saying ‘waterproof’, others saying ‘water resisitant’.

honourablegeorge

Was really pleased with my Sugoi Icon from Wiggle, until I ripped a big hole in it.

Have patched it up again, and am carrying on, albeit slightly less pleased.

nedrapier

This is worth a read before you shell (eh?!! 😀 ) out:

http://andy-kirkpatrick.com/articles/view/the_truth_about_breathable_waterproofs

sandwicheater
    Mounty_73

Sugoi Icon from Wiggle

Nice looking jacket, but they have not got my size 🙁

Mounty_73

Montane out of stock too 🙁

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fjallraven High Coast?

Not bike specific, but bloody lovely none the less

Fjallraven

Basil

Patagonia Rainshadow

Spin
    Free Member

Picked up one of these for cycling. Really good fit, great on/off the bike, good hood

My experience of the Atomic was that it breathed about as well as a bin bag.

jsync

Berghaus vapour storm…

drhackenbush

Marmot PreCip has excellent reviews and if you need a large one (XXL) cheap
    mine is for sale on here. £40.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/marmot-precip-jacket-bnwt

superfli
    Free Member

I’m liking my Altura Mayhem, very comfy and it has breathing openings/zips to help you cool.

julzm
    Free Member

I’ve got a Madison addict. It’s definitely waterproof and the hood fits over a helmet. Very decent jacket.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I’ve got a Madison addict. It’s definitely waterproof and the hood fits over a helmet. Very decent jacket.

This, the Addict is a great jacket for the price. Deffo waterproof if a bit on the warm side. Fit is looser than I’d like but wouldn’t want smaller than a large to get the arms and length right.

Wasn’t 100% convinced on the hood but it’s actually a great idea. Fits over a lid and has a pouch for the peak so it stays up whist riding which is great whilst climbing in grotty conditions. Have managed to rip mine but could happen with any jacket.

Karl33to
    Free Member

I’ve got an addict too, it’s a really nice looking jacket, seems well made and keeps you nice and dry. Bit warm maybe for this time of year, I’ve been using my Montane Featherlite more often recently, which is considerably lighter, but a lot less waterproof.

Selled
    Free Member

Good link nedrapier.

prezet
    Free Member

Endura MT500?

postierich
    Free Member

Altura mayhem struggles to be showerproof never mind waterproof!
    In 20 yrs of biking ever come across a biking jot that fits the bill its all about layers starting with merino base layer

djglover
    Free Member

Inov8 do a waterproof shell with hood that is fantastic for about 100, I find it great even when running hard. The arms would be cut ok for cycling but the rear not so, but worth a look it’s a great garment

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/products/inov-8-race-elite-stormshell-hz-blue-red.htm?brand=1

smashit
    Free Member

Support a UK small business… http://www.intrepidapparel.co.uk/gravity-jacket
    No personal experience but their shorts are ace!

superfli
    Free Member

TBF I dont use the Mayhem as my rain riding jacket, I use a Gore Alp-X paclite for that. Its used in cold weather. Although I have used it in the light/medium rain and its been alright

matthew_h
    Free Member

Wasn’t 100% convinced on the hood but it’s actually a great idea. Fits over a lid and has a pouch for the peak so it stays up whilst riding which is great whilst climbing in grotty conditions

Well blimey, I’ve had an Addict jacket for a year or so and had never spotted that peak pouch before. Cheers for today’s new thing I’ve learnt.

iolo
    Free Member

Howies stuff is great.

jam-bo

not at being waterproof it isnt…

kcal

For biking? I picked up a soft shell – Haglofs Gecko – from Cotswold, blue or red, £80, they really are very very good…

honeybadgerx

I’ve had an OMM kamleika smock for a few years and it’s ace. Great cut, stretch fabric, hood, light and tough fabric. No daft features you don’t need either.

zelak999
    Free Member

Endura MT500 is a great breathable/waterproof jacket but it has a weird cut to it that leaves me feeling like i’m being strangled.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket (with a hood)’ is closed to new replies.