Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Waterproof iphone case
  • kinger

Having just taken delivery of an iphone 5s, am thinking I should treat it asap to a decent case. Any recommendations to a decent waterproof case where I can still use the fingerprint touch ID, or shall I just stick to a trusty ziplock bag?

wwaswas

Lifeproof.

You can leave it on all the time so even if you get caught in a downpour riding back from town with your phone in a trouser pocket and your jeans get soaked through on the bike your phone isn’t ruined (*ahem*).

Anything that requires me to put it on/over the phone before it’s likely to get wet will be forgotten, ime, so a permanently attached solution is the one to go for.

spidersexual
    Free Member

I have a Griffin Survivor case for sale for the iPhone 5 which you can have for £15 posted in original box.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ziplock bags rule !

jam-bo

Lifeproof. Except the fingerprint scanner won’t work

hammyuk
    Free Member

neither will the mic or earpiece unless they’ve fixed the manufacturing issues on them……

zilog6128

Lifeproof. Don’t buy a cheap one on eBay though – it will be fake (and rubbish). FWIW the mic/earphones work fine on mine (bought about a year ago).

jam-bo

Bought mine from lifeproof and no issues here

tony07
    Free Member

Life proof on my 5 here and the mic and earpiece aren’t great. Only use it when in the hills though so does a job

cardo

I’ve been using Lifeproof on my 4S for over a year and it’s brill.. fit and forget.

kinger

Thanks folks – seems a Lifeproof the best bet for the 5s as they now do one compatible with the fingerprint ID. However worrying that they are now always great for the mic etc , especially for the price!

hammyuk
    Free Member

The problem is the membrane they use causes a feedback loop inside the case so the caller can’t hear you and it howls down the line.
    It’s only a problem on the 5/S/C for some reason.
    Mine was direct from Lifeproof and recalled a week later – the replacement was just as bad and they refunded me completely.

jam-bo

The first case I had you could hear some beating occasionally but I damaged the case and the one they replaced it with free of charge has been fine.

Phone lives in case, copes with WW kayaking just fine

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof iphone case’ is closed to new replies.