Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Waterproof gloves. Cracked it!
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Coupled with a pair of Merino wool inserts, these:

Actually completely waterproof for 20 miles of rain and warm enough at 6C.

Lower than 6C, these:

Lower than 0C, Lobsters with inserts.

Just discovered Merino wool socks too. This winter, no worries.

Swapped the Altura Nevis for a more streamlined and wicking efficient Gore top also.

lightman
    Free Member

I spent years and years trying to find the best gloves/combo, then a month ago, I bought these.
    I only usually have to put a thin pair of gloves on when it gets below freezing 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

What liners do you use?

jonba
    Free Member

Cheers, worth a punt at that price. Would be good for commuting. I know I use some generic black wooly gloves with silicon dots on my roadie. Cost £2.99 and are virtually identical to the £15 branded ones.

Any not in orange, that would work on my commute but less so otherwise.

jimmy

Any idea how the sizing works out on these?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glacier gloves perfect curve. Look like a rapist, hands smell like a wet dog, but amazingly warm in the coldest, wettest conditions. 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“10” = Large.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What liners do you use?

oldfart

All I want is a pair of waterproof gloves where they don’t turn inside out when you take them off ! Warm hands out comes the lining then it’s a ball ache getting the damn things back on again ! 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

In that case, see above…

oldfart

So what outers then ?

Northwind

Perfect Curves for me too. Quite squishy feeling as they’re basically 3mm thick rubber (but not at all restrictive), but 100% waterproof, and very warm- I’ve got bad circulation, nothing else keeps my hands warm, very few gloves can even keep my hands functional (not many people can say they’ve got frostnip on a lap of glentress red!) but these keep me comfortable.

Downside is I tend to sweat a bit unless it’s really cold, and of course they’re not at all breathable. But it’s quite nice that the downside is “sometimes they’re too warm”.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof gloves. Cracked it!’ is closed to new replies.