• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mos.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Waterproof bib & braces?
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I have a pair of waterproof trousers that I wear over the top of my lycra trousers in weather like this morning, however this was not enough. Water had found its way down my trousers and soaked my y-fronts, so I am currently commando. It made me think that perhaps a pair of waterproof bib and braces would stop the river flowing down my back and into my pants?
    I have some high mount mudgaurds and generaly they are enough but couldnt cope today, I dont want to fit full gaurds and I dont think it would solve it anyway (too much falling from the sky) so is there anyone out there that uses B&B waterproofs or should I start bringing spare thongs to work?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

bibs are disguised bondage gear 🙂

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

double win then?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

double win then?

top tip, at work wear those chaps that leave your arse exposed too :o)

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Hang on, they said that the holes go at the front, do you know how hard it is trying to fit your meat n' veg behind a half inch strip of leather?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I admire your honesty as most users pretend it's their beer bellies forcing them to wear em 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

Firstly – where did the water get in? If it was down your neck, bibs won't solve it.

Secondly – WTF were you doing wearing your keks?

Thirdly – full guards for a commute bike – anything else will get you a wet crack.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Old chap at work was the same, he looked like a teletubby in them. I know they arent flattering but I've tried full 1 piece waterproofs and I end up just as wet from sweating. If it wasnt so bloody cold I'd wear swimming shorts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

quit fannying about

Endura Stealth is the only way forward in waterproofing. will set you back 250 quid top and trousers but really do blow all the other options out the water IMHO.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

will set you back 250 quid top and trousers but really do blow all the other options

who wouldn't pay that much for self-fellating trousers ?

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

ok TT
    1.water soaked my vest, then cycling (stretchy polyester) top and as it was tucked into my trousers it then spread the wealth to my bum nuckle.
    I think I may have solved the problem-dont tuck my top in?
    2.I didnt know any better? and I get changed in a shared office, where pants are acceptable but what you are suggesting may be pushing it.
    3.I am vain.

trail_rat
    Free Member

it is alot , and honestly i wouldnt have paid full price for them…..

but having used them – ill quite gladly pay full price in future.

I have said the same abotu goretex boots in the past – 150 quid for shoes – your having a giraffe – im convinced now !

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

£250 buys me alot of underwear. unless I move to wales, they just arent going to be worth it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends how much you ride i guess

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

NOTHING will keep you properly dry in really heavy rain on the road

In waterproof overshoes, socks, trousers, jacket, hat and gloves on Mull this year i still had damp patches (from the outside, not sweat) after 25miles in heavy rain.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Wear a jacket that covers the gap between back & arse.

Full guards are a god send

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I think I may have to bite the bullet and knock up somekind of full(ish) mudgaurd then.

mos

Endura Stealth will do what you want, they do it for me. But needs to be cold as they are pretty toasty.
    Can be a sligtly funny fit too, more long and lean type fit with not much give.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof bib & braces?’ is closed to new replies.