Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Water resistant trousers
  • rossburton
    Free Member

So my go-to shorts for riding are Endura MT500 Splash 3/4rs but recently I’ve been coming home with absolutely caked calves and thought “maybe I’ll get the trouser versions of these”.

Then I saw the price.

So, can anyone recommend an alternative that doesn’t cost ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. I thought Altura did something, but apparently not.

(I guess one alternative is long socks)

ElShalimo

Have a look at Keela Roadrunner

nach
    Free Member

If you’re thinking of socks, I’ve found these good for winter:
    http://www.camaro.at/en/segeln/socken.php?id=23799

Very warm, waterproof enough even after the seams start to give up, and they’re long enough to just reach under most kneepads.

DickBarton

Craft do some good waterproof trousers…mine are 5 years old and the backside is now ripped…doesn’t look like I can repair so will order another set if I can find them.

Alpkit also do some waterproof trousers but I’ve not used them.

ton

best keks ever, now own 2 pairs.

coconut
    Free Member

Tenn cycling – £27 warm and waterproof. Just reproof after 10 or so washes

legend
    Free Member

Madison Addict. Last years were water resistant and can be had for around £60, this years are waterproof and around £90 iirc

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Knee high sealskinz are teh awsumz.

pennine
    Free Member

Keela roadrunner. Also a good leg length too

epicyclo

ElShalimo – Member

Better than all the rest IMO. My wife despairs of me wearing anything else. 🙂

DickBarton

How ‘tough’ are the Keela trousers? Are they fine for mountain biking? Able to take the rough and tumble that goes along with some muddy, wet biking? Is it a tough material?

The Craft bike trousers I have has proved to be very durable, but now that the backside stitching has started to rip, it is getting worse the more they are worn and I can’t stitch them now…

I also can’t seem to find any replacement Craft trousers so might need to try some Euro websites.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Water resistant trousers’ is closed to new replies.