Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Water injected meat
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Its no the taste, but the ethics

Can someone concrete in these goalposts? They keep bloody shifting!

mrmo
    Free Member

it is not so much the water that gets me, it is the other things they add to make sure the meat absorbs the water.

old link

panorama

things haven’t changed much.

ojom
    Free Member

Me n wife have been having our food delivered from a farm nearby for nearly 18 months. They do meat too of an excellent standard.
    Veg and fruit box for a week including local bread and milk and a half dozen eggs costs about 60 per month. We add meat every so often and some tins. Usually about £40 every other month.

Local, proper tasty stuff that lasts all week and varied. Keeps people in jobs in the area and costs a fraction of what a trip to the supermarket seems to sting people for worse food.

See what is available in your area.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hugor
    Free Member

Its no the taste, but the ethics

Exactly. Instead of buying a kilo of fillet for 16 quid you’re buying 700g of fillet and 300g of water.
    Its deceit and fraud and its accepted.
    Dodgy practice like this gets exposed on current affair programs in Aus and they either alter their practice or go out of business.
    I’m surprised that everybody knows about it but it still goes on.

djglover
    Free Member

TBH you deserve all you get when you put £16 quid a kilo Rib eye on a George Forman grill. Jesus

hugor
    Free Member

I bought this today from Costco.
    18 quid per kilo but no water.

Why do people have a problem with George Foreman grills?

nicko74

Well, Ali beat him in boxing, so it stands to reason that a Foreman grill’s going to be an inferior product. If only Ali would see the light and release his own grilling machine.

ojom
    Free Member

G will fight you til you bleed like meat.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I once did some work (sign fitting)in a meat factory which was injecting chicken breasts mainly heading for the restaurant trade. I was amazed that it was worth the bother. They were defrosting the meat, injecting with fluid, checking with metal detectors re freezing and re packing. It just seemed like such an effort. But the difference before and after was quite noticeable.

Duggan

Probably this has been said before but you might wanna google ‘pink slime’ though I believe that EU rules mean we’ve been spared this if you live in the EU

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Water injected meat’ is closed to new replies.