• This topic has 63 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by pdub.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Watendlath TV
  • Richyb
    Free Member

The right fork is the image above, Max takes the left fork on the map through frith woods.

anc
    Free Member

Rode it last sunday and ride it at least 15 or so times a year its my local trail 😉

Richyb
    Free Member

Presumably you always go through the gate like Max does? try going straight on and come back to me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    parkedtiger
    Free Member

Next time you’re in Keswick Richyb, give anc and I a shout and we’ll all go and take a look together 😀

anc
    Free Member

Alternate them mate so know both very well. Max definately doesn’t go to frith woods.

Richyb
    Free Member

Maybe you’re right then? bizarre.

Richyb
    Free Member

😳 Apologies all, you’re right and i’m wrong. Just watched another video.

It appears Max is “de man”

boxelder

Your pic Richyb is the section called Birkett’s Leap on the OS map, and as you just realised, ‘de man’ did it on the video, but rode it further right than I ever have (and faster).

Kit
    Free Member

Max, what bike you riding? I thought you were on a downhill bike the speed that you’re going, but then you mentioned other trails on the ‘Bash route so figured you must just be a very good rider ( 🙁 and 🙂 together)

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

“You seemed to miss out the steep technical section? is that because you went right at that gate?”

“You missed the best bit!”

I have to say Max is the only rider I have seen ride UP (from Rosthwaite) to Birkett leap (the techy bit) without dabbing! Now that takes doing! 😀

I think I am right in saying hes been pretty close on the Watendlath climb as well! (It has been cleaned!)

scaredypants

yeh, I’ve a suspicion that max has picked up several of the bits of lung I’ve spat out on that route & he’s obviously using them better than I was

boxelder

Kona Coilair, unless my eyes deceive me.

woody2000

Nice work Sir!

iain
    Free Member

Nice video Max, finally took the plunge on the cam then! I’ve got about 3 or 4 recorded Borrowdale rides but have never got round to editing them for entirely the reason mentioned above… it looks way too flat for what it is!

on the steep technical section, did you hop across one of the washed out lines onto one of the bigger rocks to descend on the left? I normally stick right and roll the steeper hanging off the back section instead (and probably easier) at your speed you might have launched though.

Nice video (& the other 2)

Iain
    go to http://www.ridethelakes.com/ for my vids!

Max
    Free Member

Blimey what a lot of posts. Glad to have provided some entertainment!

duir
    Free Member

Max

Are you aware of the fact that had you been on a Cove you would have:

A/Not got a puncture
    B/Gone much faster

?

Max
    Free Member

genius

duir
    Free Member

A genius is an individual who successfully applies a previously unknown technique in the production of a work of art, science or calculation, or who masters and personalizes a known technique. A genius typically possesses great intelligence or remarkable abilities in a specific subject, or shows an exceptional natural capacity of intellect and or ability, especially in the production of creative and original work, something that has never been seen or evaluated previously. Traits often associated with genius include strong individuality, imagination, uniqueness, and innovative drive.

Brain the size of a planet…………

anc
    Free Member

I think I am right in saying hes been pretty close on the Watendlath climb as well! (It has been cleaned!

Its definately dooable I know someone who’s one dabbed it. 😉

Its in the best condition its been for a bit at the mo, the loose section 3/4’s of the way up which gets ends most good attempts has packed down a bit over the winter.

pdub
    Free Member

Here’s a picture that really shows how rocky this trail is! about half way through the top section on the vid you hit this section.

Stay right and you’ll be all right. There’a 4ft drop on clearing the section but hey that’s got to be better than cutting through the erroded easy long way round.

A couple of other shots from the same trail

Gary_C

Looking up the trail:

And looking down from the same point.(Different rider though)

Both taken mid December

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

http://www.vimeo.com/2936127

Borrowdale bash part one,With Frith wood decent. 😉

Warning Clarey Morris content!

filmed October 2006 Clare was a lot less experienced on the bike so we were a bit steady then, gives a nice idea of the decent,Its recentley washed out at the bottom so take care if you do it soon! 😀

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Watching my Vid kinda makes you realise how fast Max was riding down there! 😈

After many evening KMB rides the best route seems to be over to the right,but crossing into the left hand side about halfway down!

Theres a nasty rock near the bottom on the left and Max actually gets knocked off line slightly in his vid, I think its probably better to keep right all the way down although its not the faster line, but possibly more technical.

Enjoy. 😀

pdub
    Free Member

It’s at a fun decent for sure well captured on film and a “legal” bridleway { as the rules say wayback in 1968… but thats another topic Wiki Bridaleway no mention of bikes here}

The real challenge mention above is the climb up from Watendlath it has been cleaned way back early’00 by legends like sy and friends but hey kudos to anyone that can ride and film that. Reminds me of the early days of climbing when routes where un certain, a free for all “Lets try that” kinda attitude. Seems the mtb community has taken on the ski style grading blue, red, black! but surly there’s a cardio {distance and gradient} aspect and the tech challenge {obstcales} to consider before a route can be graded. {Cleaned}

I’m new here!! Do the Watendlath TV peeps know of a post that discusses the current grading system for tech 26” MTB big hill accents/decents…

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Watendlath TV’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts