Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Watchmoor wood bike park
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

I am thinking of going to the bike park in watchmoor woods and wonder at what level of rider is it aimed at? I am happy to ride most stuff but would be the first to admit that my wheels don’t get that far from the ground at the moment.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Haven’t been there for a while, but there is a range of things to ride. Up top there are some big drop offs and a corkscrew, down the bottom there is a variety of woodwork that can easily ridden by beginners. My girlfriend was quite happy to attempt the boardwalks, and she is only an occasional rider.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Thats sounds good. Now how do i go about finding it and where to park the car?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm?mapAction=gaz&gazName=g&gazString=SU131052

There are car parks off the B3081 – can’t tell you where exactly, because we cycled over from Moors Velley last time. It’s not very big the park, but you can combine it with a ride around the woods. Not overly familiar with the area, so can’t recommend a route, we just made it up as we went along.

B-_good_effort
    Free Member

When you get on to the B3081 (see map link above) you’ll notice the road curves left and uphill. At the brow of the hill is a small car-park (for approx 15 vehicles). You should park here.

Then follow trail (other side of metal gate) and take 1st (sharp) left, keep going for 300 yards and you’ll be there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Watchmoor wood bike park’ is closed to new replies.