• This topic has 17 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Watching the Tour of Britain.
  • palliative.stare
    Free Member

I’ll be heading to Cross-O-Th-Hands for a spot of Bradoration tomorrow; I think running up the hill yorping at them will show my ethuse. I can’t wait; anyone else planning to catch a bit of a stage?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Defo! Going to be at Allgreave on the A54 – should see them on a bit of down, around and up, we hope. Can’t wait too!

br
    Free Member

Yep, Tuesday at Berrybush (top of the climb just before the descent into St Marys’ Loch).

paulx
    Free Member

Going to catch the Yodel Sprint at Chelford at lunchtime.

carlos
    Free Member

GTTH, thinking the same myself. Where you thinking of sitting/standing? I was looking at somewhere roundabouts the cross roads on the opposite side to the Rose and Crown

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Ditto! Just don’t tell anyone else, carlos! 🙂 Will be there with a chunk of the McRutters lads, cycling up from Macc. Any excuse…

carlos
    Free Member

Gtth – McRutters? I’ll be on the Mtb (black Heckler) as roadie is broken. Will prob do a ride round Gradbach after unless the pub cries out to me.

spacemonkey

Goes along my road on Sunday 🙂 Hoping to see them at the start, finish and somewhere in the Surrey Hills.

Cotters
    Free Member

Does anyone know what time (approx) they’ll be at the main points of the race ?? Am thinking of watching near knutsford or possibly culceth ??

carlos
    Free Member
    Cotters
    Free Member

Thanks – knutsford for lunch it is 😉

Crell
    Free Member

In two minds where to go. Cross OTH or Alstonefield for me, but both should be good. Its a shame they aren’t going up Green lane rather than down it as it’s a nasty little climb. Now where’s my mankini…

higgo
    Free Member

I’d prefer to see them somewhere hilly like Carlos but I’m working in Alderley today so I’ll probably nip out and see the sprint at Chelford.

higgo
    Free Member

And then work shit got in the way 🙁

Gun Hill on Thursday though 😀
    (might even bicycle over)

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Spotted you Carlos (but only afterwards – in a photo we took!) at Allgreave. The whole thing was a great spectacle; all of 5 minutes or whatever, but so cool to have Cav, Wiggo, Rowe, Basso et al riding on the roads we spin around 365. Shame that ITV4 missed the whole section on their coverage.

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah, I was Billy no mates in the green jkt, didn’t make it to he pub as had to go shopping with being off.

Were you in the cowd in the field on the hill?

It was over a bit quick after a longish wait, but yeah it was cool to have them on ‘your’ roads, thinking of going over to another spot on Thursday somewhere and trying for better pics.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yes – stood by the electric fence that caused all sorts of fun and games! 😕 I thought it was quite a good vantage point, seeing them come along from Gradbach and down round the corners before their speed got scrubbed off on the long drag up.

Last year a few of the lads were on Gun Hill and enjoyed that too – I think they were more spread out there. The closeness of the riders in the peloton was quite something to see yesterday – as were the collection of bikes on the team cars. Reckon the roof racks’ contents were more valuable than the cars underneath!

FOG

We stood at the KoM 3 point on the Morridge where it was bleak and damp. It wasn’t exactly a mountain though. I know we don’t have the Alps etc. but we do have some more challenging climbs than the one chosen.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Watching the Tour of Britain.’ is closed to new replies.