Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Watch out the BNP are about!!
  • curtisthecat
    Free Member

I got home yesterday to find that the BNP had sent us a lovely little information packet outlining their desire to turn England into the fourth reich. I really wish that I was here when these cowards were handing out the above shite! I have read in the news that they are targeting non- traditional BNP support areas. Anyone else been sent some of their lies and half baked ideas?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Don’t worry, that will NEVER happen! The vast majority of British people aren’t that stupid to take the BNP’s idiocy seriously!

Sure, the BNP may win the odd few parliamentary seats, but they will always be a galaxy away from power!

JonR
    Free Member

I think that the BNP are doing a fantastic political job. A friend of mine who has no political knowledge or interest had great fun reading his little flyer and pointing out the holes in its arguements whilst pouring scourn on it and will probably now vote just to keep the **** out.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Each to their own though – just like other communities spreading messages of hate, the BNP is allowed its voice in our democracy.

No hint of a suggestion that I think they have a valid argument. I just like the fact we live in a country where any voice (within reason) is allowed to be heard.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yep, I got their hate spam aswell yesterday. Just pondering on what name and address to put in the ‘please provide your details if you want to learn more about the BNP’ box.

willard

I’m still waiting for the government note telling me what to do if I get swine flu’d. It would be nice to have soon as they announced a case in the closest big town to us over a week ago.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a sign on my door which says “no junk mail, thanks”. The BNP clearly felt that their leaflet was not “junk mail”. I dispute that… 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Yup I was quite surprised to see one come through last week. I live in a Plaid Cymru/Lib Dem stronghold and the Tories don’t get much of a look in except from a few farmers. BNP is laughable. I did notice that there was a member living a couple of miles away when their membership was leaked. I suppose I could go return the leaflet with a steaming turd or something.

richc
    Free Member

I think everyone is getting them, as I *think* they have paid RM to deliver them. Its funny as they seem to be bundled (well the ones i’ve seen in the South West and London) with the UKIP leaflet, which is a double backfire.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm, is it just me who now has the theme tune to Beadles About in their head now after reading the thread topic?

duckman

I know; imagine thinking the bnp would ever get listened to. In a country with spiralling unemployment, resentment of incoming workers, weak government and banks folding.Not to mention external meddling from other countries telling us when we can and cannot work, fining fishermen etc. Last time I remember things being like this was in Germany in the early 1939’s*

* Just playing Devils Advocate

Jamie
    Free Member

duckman:

* Just playing Devils Advocate

No, your just being stupid and missing out a historical perspective that is crucial to explaining the rise of Hitler’s Germany.

Houns

Just got ours, they are being delivered by the postie

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

are BNP threeads the automatic proof of goodwins law?

ChrisHeath

Last time I remember things being like this was in Germany in the early 1939’s

You were in Germany in the early 1939s?

So was my granny. Do you know her?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I just found this picture.

Which is quite interesting. However, I was actually looking for a link to Jonah Goldberg’s book, “Liberal Fascism”, which is interesting, principally for his analysis of populist/fascist movements and their common themes.

duckman

Actually Jamie I had tongue in cheek.Please explain the crucial historical perspective that I missed the entire time I was doing my degree and masters in history and in the last four years I have spent teaching advanced higher. I am sorry if you felt that I was being serious,as I was not. However Hitler was voted in as a leader who would make Germany strong again, by people who were desperate and believed his lies.

Typo; should have been late 1920’s/early 1930’s.

Chrisheath, the Wiemar republic was known for how liberal it was…EVERYBODY knew your Granny!

Surfr
    Free Member

SO it turns out that all the people photographed and “quoted” on the leaflet are infact just American models from a Stock photograph.

http://penrijamesceredigion.blogspot.com/2009/05/plaid-call-on-royal-mail-to-stop.html

BigDummy
    Free Member

I would care that they were stock photos and made-up quotes if I thought that it would not have been possible to find people to express these ideas. Sadly, it would have been very possible.

IIRC, no-one has ever found the constituent that Enoch Powell talked about in his “rivers of blood” speech. It doesn’t seem to matter, he was striking a chord.

It is surely better to meet them head-on on the actual substance rather than challenge them for stuff like that. Candidates from the main parties ahve been caught fabricating photograpshs in election material afterall. 🙂

IHN

Remember though:

“It’s not racist to oppose mass immigration and political correctness – it’s common sense!”

At least, that’s what the leaflet says. And:

“British Jobs for British Workers, Because We’ve Earned the Right!”

at, apparently Trafalgar, The Somme, Dunkirk (I’m pretty sure we got our arses kicked there, I could be wrong), D-Day and The Falklands.

I’m sold.

duckman

How far back do the BNP trace their defination of the word British? It is just because we have had waves of mass immigration since ad 43, when Claudius arrived.

Didn’t Tom Hanks win d-day, were there British troops there as well?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I wonder if they consider it in the literal fashion – Great Britain is the island on which we live, not the political or “legal” state.

timdrayton
    Free Member

I have two “members” on my road.

The nearest pub to my house has england flags plastered over it 24/7 and is a really intimidating place of an evening.

The local shop over the road from the pub is owned by a sikh family.

Their youngest lads about 17 and he was wearing a top with what i assume had sanscrit writing on it, there was two pissed morons in there shouting at him to take his al qaeda stuff off, getting quite abusive, it very nearly kicked off quite badly, and this was on a non football night, mid week….

Havent voted for years but I will be voting this time around.

Chase
    Free Member

Just got ours, they are being delivered by the postie

Yep Royal Mail are delivering seven in total in our area.
    So far I have delivered UKIP, Lib Dem, Green and BNP, plus the polling cards.
    We have to remain politically unbiased and must deliver them all, however I know a lot of the asian postmen in Bradford didn’t deliver the BNP last time around. One rule for one……eh?

It’s pretty good for us too. For some reason the European Elections must have different rules to the Locals and general, because we get paid 3p per leaflet for all of these. It’s a nice little earner.

zaskar
    Free Member

I’ve had enough of the MP’s so I’m voting Green Peace! 8)

I wouldn’t pi$$ on a Nazis if they were on fire. 😈

coffeeking
    Free Member

The nearest pub to my house has england flags plastered over it 24/7

The pubs down my road have Saltires on them 24/7, doesnt mean anything. As, I think, the only English person on the road I don’t get abuse. There’s nothing wrong with patriotism, it’s discrimination and abuse that’s the problem.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

IHN – cast your mind back a couple of months to the mass strikes caused by people thinking some Italians (I think) might get their jobs – that’s the kind of people the BNP can easily catch.

It’s almost like a protest vote – they’ll never get in where it counts on a General Election, but a low turnout Euro vote might be the place to show contempt for the current government.

“It’s not racist to oppose mass immigration and political correctness – it’s common sense!”

And to be fair, reading that sentence presumable out of context with the rest of the leaflet it isn’t a particularly right wing statement – I’d imagine a lot of people would agree with it. Try reading the BBC Have Your Say!

timdrayton
    Free Member

The nearest pub to my house has england flags plastered over it 24/7 and is a really intimidating place of an evening.

There’s nothing wrong with patriotism, it’s discrimination and abuse that’s the problem.

agreed coffeeking

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

BNP Bloke in street – Vote BNP because it makes sense to be British

Me – Can I borrow your brain

BNP Bloke [Puzzled look] Why?

Me – I am building an idiot

Not sure what happened next as I walked away from the crowd that was now laughing at him.

Flaperon

I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and since my Viking ancestors probably didn’t have the correct visa documentation when they entered the UK I should think I’m fairly high up on the BNP hit list of illegal immigrants.

richc
    Free Member

My younger brother works on Avonmouth docks, and his ‘borrowed’ opinions are pretty scary. As lot of people believe the BNP bollocks, and fully intend to get out there and get who they think are the right people into power.

But to be fair to them the are very good at campaigning for local issues, which the current crop of middle of the road mainstream politicians don’t bother with, as they are too busy towing the party line about global/party issues rather than representing the people who actually vote for them.

There was an interesting Question time in Stoke which discussed this as they now have a couple of BNP councilors, and the people commenting on supporting the BNP weren’t actually racist/idiots they just had lost faith in Labour and the only politicians who they felt actually listened to them and addressed the issues they were facing were the BNP and hence got their votes. The Labour MP on the panel actually admitted it was a problem but said Labour MP’s had to put the party interests before local issues, which didn’t go down well. 😐

jimster
    Free Member

Have to agree with duckman, there are a lot of parallels with 1920 Germany – especially with the right wing media having a pop at foreign workers/muslims and the economic downturn.

A lot of people are pi$$ed off with the main stream parties over the expenses crap and this would be an ideal time for the BNP to target the areas where they could make the most grounds.

I wouldn’t mind betting alot in Germany in the ’20’s said “It’ll never happen” and just carried on their merry way until it was too late.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I typed out a post earlier and then deleted it because it ran along a similar vein to Duckmans post re Nazi Germany. It has quite a few parrallels imo but the fact that it is the BNP means that they ‘hopefully’ will never reach out to the masses.

I however looked at their leaflets and the thing that struck me was how well presented they were for Joe Public. What i mean is that they were the marketing equivelant of the Sun Newspaper. You didnt have to be well educated to be able to understand their points and it was quite easy to associate with. From that point i then imagined if the leaflet had Lib Dems written on the top of it. I then found it rather more difficult to ignore.

The underlying fact is they are racist scum, BUT they are putting together a strong message which if we are not carefull will catch on quickly

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Oh and pmsl at Jamie trying to belittle Duckmans opinion. I see he gave up quite quickly 🙂

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Our leaflet was hand delivered by a completely normal looking bloke. No big swastika on his forehead or even a football tatoo on his forearms…

My brother in law has struggled for regular local work in the past year as either a steel worker or carpenter. Where he lives wasn’t a great distance from the recent strikes protesting about EU workers. I should imagine some of his peers who are traditional labour supporters will consider voting BNP in protest in the forthcoming elections. This is simply because the old labour party who looked after their interests (or at least tried to pretend) isn’t there any more.

I’ll be voting tory, their big scandals are usually far more entertaining than anyone else… and they are quite clearly the bunch of muppets we know them to be without even trying to hide it.

tomzo
    Free Member

Saw their political broadcast on tv last night or the night before. NONE of them were smiling on it…was really quite surreal..and you can tell taht all they wanted to do was moan

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I did literally LOL when I read this letter today :

Charlie Brooker (G2, 18 February) should know that there’s no need to create a replica UK in the Pacific. An island where BNP members can experience life as immigrants already exists in the North Sea: Great Britain. Having read history at Oxford, Nick Griffin will know that the English themselves were a bunch of illegal immigrants coming here to sponge off the remnants of the welfare state left behind by the departing Romans.

I think Nick’s party lacks its leader’s historical expertise, though, when it claims on its website: “On current demographic trends, we, the native British people, will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years.” I’m afraid they’ve been a minority for the last 1,500 years, ever since those invading Saxons arrived with their innate sense of rhythm and enormous john thomases to seduce our women and produce a nation of half-breeds.

There is of course an area of the UK where “indigenous folk” are still a majority. So here’s your new slogan Nick: “British jobs for Welsh workers”. Should go down a bomb with the slope-skulls who support you.
    James Richards
    Montefalcone Appennino, Italy

Quote :

” those invading Saxons arrived with their innate sense of rhythm and enormous john thomases to seduce our women and produce a nation of half-breeds ” …. LOL ! Priceless !

On a more serious note – “Don’t worry, that will NEVER happen! The vast majority of British people aren’t that stupid to take the BNP’s idiocy seriously!”

I agree, but I’m still worried. I have no doubt that some people whilst possibly strongly disagreeing with the BNPs racist views, will be tempted to vote BNP thinking ‘they’ll never get in and it’s a good chance to give the main parties a kick in the teeth’.

That would be a disaster imo, because every BNP candidate which wins a seat be it council or EP, represents a disaster for Britain. Because whilst clearly the BNP can never realistically win power, any election win by them will guarantee three things : an increase in social discord, an increased level of hate, and increased risk of violence.

Thankfully due to the very British attitude of tolerance, Britain, unlike other comparable countries, has been spared the destructive politics of fascism. Sadly the BNP will undoubtedly make gains in coming elections as they exploit people’s genuine grievances, but this won’t represent a ‘kick in the teeth’ to the parliamentarians, the real losers will be all of us.

imo

Northwind

“SO it turns out that all the people photographed and “quoted” on the leaflet are infact just American models from a Stock photograph.”

Least surprising thing ever 😆

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Bring back the Normans!

mrsflash
    Free Member

We got a leaflet through last night too. Depressing 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Watch out the BNP are about!!’ is closed to new replies.