• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Watch out for those credit card/paypal donations…
  • leffeboy

This is just a heads up. I work for a small non profit and just this week I am seeing an increasing number of 1 and 10EUR ‘donations’ that look dodgy. The email addresses don’t make sense, the amounts don’t make sense and they are coming in in a strange pattern

To me it looks like the same thing that used to happen when your credit card was stolen where first there would be a test purchase of a little phone credit and if that worked then the card would get hosed for a larger amount. In this case a donation to us is also a good test as there is nothing to ship but the card gets checked.

Of course we are discussing this with PayPal but this is just a heads up to keep an eye on your credit card for small ‘donations’. The majority of the email addresses are outlook.com or hotmail. Again I am emailing back to the donors but there are no replies and I’m not convinced the accounts are real. The majority are not verified

Keep an eye on your accounts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Watch out for those credit card/paypal donations…’ is closed to new replies.