Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Watch back removal tool.
  • Ambrose

Blimey- what a choice eBay and Amazon have! I’m after a reliable tool to unscrew the backs of a few battery powered watches. Do I really need all the 155 bits in the listing? Any suggestions as to which device might best suit me? I’ve not yet tried the ‘stone and nail’ approach but I’ll be honest and admit that I’m trying to avoid that particular method.

sic_nick

I have one of these

Watch back remover

does every watch I own.

stu1972
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that link. Cant go wrong for that price.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Buy watches which don’t need their batteries changing ? – such as Citizen Eco-drive.

Defender
    Free Member

In addition you’ll need vice to hold the case in, and I don’t mean a Super Record that was bolted to your dads work bench BITD!
    See here
    I have both a smaller and larger one to allow for the larger cased watches that are around today.

Cougar

I can’t comment on quality, but TX Maxx usually carry such things. Branded Rolson or Ronson or whatever their cheap tools line is called.

eskay

sic_nick – Member

I have one of these

Watch back remover

does every watch I own.

I can vouch for those – brilliant.

Cougar – Moderator

I can’t comment on quality, but TX Maxx usually carry such things. Branded Rolson or Ronson or whatever their cheap tools line is called.

I also bought one of those kits and the blade tools in their kits for getting snap backs off are useless (made of Play-Doh)

Cougar

Good to know ta, I always wondered. Glad I never impulse-bought one now to file under “that’ll come in handy one day”.

CountZero

Those are the same ones that Maplins sell. It’s what I use.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I’ve got the Rolson one, works fine.

sic_nick

Never needed to use a vice to open any of my watches.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

The watch man on our local market just uses an upturned empty bottle with some non slip rubber on the mouth end.

Puts the watch on a bit of mat on the table, presses and turns the bottle with rubber on on the back.

he says he’s never failed with it.

Ambrose

Cheers guys-

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Watch back removal tool.’ is closed to new replies.