Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Watch advice required
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nixon watches, are they any good? I know they look pretty snazzy but are they good runners or will they break after a year?

Can anyone recommend me a decent watch for about 100 to 150 quid?

Ta

matthewjb
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a decent watch for about 100 to 150 quid?

Depends what you want really.

An automatic Seiko for that price will last for ages. But it will look a bit more conventional than the Nixon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Swiss Army

personally I'd rather spend money on a well established brand (not sure if Nixon is or not)

finbar
    Free Member

I had a Nixon watch, the glass was scratched to hell before the first battery change. Would avoid.

john_drummer
    Free Member

personally I'd rather spend a tenner on a disposable watch*. How accurate do you need a watch to be, exactly?

*Typically, a battery will last 2 years; then you might be able to change the battery, that's another 2 years. For £10. no brainer

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At that money, Seiko is the choice.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks very much. My brother liked the look of a Nixon, but due to the fact it looks pretty swanky, I assumed it could very well be shite.

I'll get him to have a look at Seiko/Citizen etc. My citizen is about 6 years old and hasnt had a service/battery change yet, Im assuming Seiko will be just as good

stumpy01

I reckon an Accurist would be a good buy.

I had one bought for me as a birthday present 13yrs ago & it's still going strong. Obviously it's had a few batteries in that time.

Not sure what price Accurist's go up to……I think mine was only about £70.

dizcostix
    Free Member

I've got a Nixon 'player' and never had an issue with the raised glass scratching and i don't exactly handle it with kid gloves.

For 100 – 150 you'll never get swiss premium movements like tag/breitling, so i reckon nixon is a good choice for a stylish watch in your price range. Also look at 'Black Dice' watches.

failedengineer

I bought a 'Hanowa Swiss Military' watch recently. Top quality, made in Switzerland. There are quite a few different models, mine is an army-style one, cost about £90.00 (rrp was about £120). Highly recommended. Mind you, I sold my Submariner for financial reasons recently and I miss that …………

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Watch advice required’ is closed to new replies.