Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Wasp stung me in the chest
  • saleem
    Free Member

So yesterday I was cutting the hedges and hit a wasps nest, before I knew it the bloody things were everywhere and I was running like hell, one managed to get me in the chest,stinging like hell at the time but I thought just par for the course, now 30 hours later I've got a 3" square patch of red chest which is really itchy, any advice on what I should do.

Cheers saleem

adam5555

MTFU?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, don't scratch it.

saleem
    Free Member

It's not at all sore but the bloody itching is driving me nuts

monkeychild
    Free Member

I'm getting stung by them in a different way! I have to get the pest guy in to sort out the ones in my garage roof. The gits have set up home under the roof tiles.

scaredypants

adam5555 – Member
    MTFU?

Now that's just unfair, those things can itch a LOT

You in northumberland ? – Drac could maybe pop round in the happy bus and give you a full blue lights trip down town

Actually, what if it was one of those wasps that lays it's eggs under your skin & they hatch and devour you from within..?

highclimber
    Free Member

hydrocortisone cream and some anti-histamines and maybe a little bit of MTFU too 8)

saleem
    Free Member

I blasted the **** with the garden hose, now they're homeless as the nest just disintegrated, we've got masonary bee's at the house and even though they're right at the back door they don't bother us.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was stung by a bee at the weekend.

Got talked into paying £35 for a jar of honey.

saleem
    Free Member

Stung by a b before but that was in my divorce, and my arse is still stinging from that one as well.

john_drummer
    Free Member

beer for bees, vinegar for vasps – beer is alkiline so will neutralise the acidity of the bee sting, and the acidity of the vinegar does the same for a wasp sting

allegedly

saleem
    Free Member

tried it.

Zoolander
    Free Member

One got stuck in my cycling glove last year, which made for an interesting few moments.

3 days and you should be right, "it gets worse before it gets better" that's what the doctor told me last year after I got stung 9 times after strimming 2 nests.
    Just make sure it doesn't become infected (it shouldn't), or you'll need a course of anti-biotics.
    I prescribe beer and antihistamine (probably irresponsible).

scaredypants

when I was a kid we found a nest in our garden. they were flying out with bits of soil, enlarging the nest. came out like lancaster bombers, ded slow & low down so we got some old badminton rackets and had a bit of a go. after a while the message obviously got back and suddenly a load of quite cross wasps came out out really fast and attacked our mate – now that did smart a bit, I think 😆

scraprider
    Free Member

agree savlon or just MTFU dude

saleem
    Free Member

Got stung loads aof times when I was a kid by playing at a nest and they got stuck in my hair, now I'm bald the feckers just sting me in the chest, taken a antihistamine and I'll see if the that's sorts it out.

Away for my beauty sleep now, catch you all in 20 years.

samuri
    Free Member

Just be glad it wasn't that bee that can sting you again and again.

BT.

molgrips
    Free Member

Definitely MTFU.

MoreCashThanDash

My 3 year old was stung by a wasp for the first time last year when she was only 2. Cried for a couple of minutes, then ToddleredTFU and went back to her ice cream.

Followed by a sigh of relief as both parents whispered "So she's not allergic to wasp stings then!"

HeatherBash
    Free Member

get busy with the swiss army knife and just cut the whole thing away – that'll give you some real pain to worry about.

wwaswas

any advice on what I should do.

check the hedge before you start cutting it?

DrP

Whilst captaining our tandem last summer, a wasp flew up my short leg and stung me right on the a$$…

I leapt off, dropped my shorts and started spanking myself in the middle of the path!

So there's your answer – spank yourself in public.

DrP

theotherjonv

swadey – watch out on that one. It's the second sting that can be the allergic one. Something to do with the reaction to the first one creating the pathway; the second time you're exposed that pathway overflows:

I wouldn't normally reference Wiki but:

Pathophysiology
    Anaphylaxis is a severe, whole-body allergic reaction. After an initial exposure "sensitizing dose" to a substance like bee sting toxin, the person's immune system becomes sensitized to that allergen. On a subsequent exposure "shocking dose", an allergic reaction occurs. This reaction is sudden, severe, and involves the whole body.

TiRed

I was stung in the mouth by a wasp that decided to land on the underside of a slice of malt loaf. Techically IT didn't really sting me, I chomped it. Fortunately only tongue rather than throat swelling, but sore nevertheless.

To OP 1.5% hydrocortisone cream and/or antihistamines will suffice.

regards,
    Daren

Cougar

Re: vinegar – I always thought this too, however,

http://www.insectstings.co.uk/sting-acid-or-alkali.shtml

… seems not. Or rather, whilst the acid / alkali thing is correct, the conclusion that vinegar / bicarb will treat it is bogus.

Cougar

See http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Insect-Stings-and-Bites.htm

What you've got there is a "localised allergic reaction" by the sounds of it. Treatment is antihistamines, ice pack, brufen, see a doctor if it gets worse.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Wasp stung me in the chest’ is closed to new replies.