Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Wasn't it lovely out today!! What did you get up to?
  • shortcut

In the spirit of ignoring the weather forecast I went for a lovely ride around the Surrey Hills, will plea of dust coming off both wheels, sun in the sky and a record 3 ice creams each we did 30 miles and lots of hills and singletrack.

All jolly fab and stuff.

Hope you have has a good day out – what did you get up to?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Got on my bike with no idea of where id go or how far I wanted to do, but clocked up 50 miles – it was a bit warm though and I found myself hoping it would rain. Got excited at one point only to realise id ridden into a cloud of bits blown off a tree – not rain as id hoped!

Awesome day though 🙂

martinhutch

All my favourite local stuff – 40-odd miles of Dales fun.

mooman
    Free Member

Nice fast 60miler for me today.
    50miles of which were dry … the last 10miles were the wettest 10miles I have ever done.
    Still – lovely day for it.

Drac

I walked down the street to get something for my tea tonight for work but I forgot it’s peak of the tourist season and they’d cleared all but 1 of the best pies out. Then I cam home and managed 1 hours worth of sleep. hooray for nights.

cmadd
    Free Member

30 sunny miles and a beer at the end of a loop around Goring

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Went to the world trials championship near Penrith.
    Stunning weather/scenery & amazing riding. Top day!!

Northwind

Went up caberston for an explore, horrible muggy warm and sweaty for the first half, thunderstorm for the second half. Still it’s nice to have some variety and my car is very clean.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have the nephews around for the weekend so we played out on the beech.. Off to Cowes tomorrow to fettle the boat ready for a week of racing..

Tracey

Finished our drive out to Verbier. Cant wait to hit the trails.

scunny
    Free Member

50.3 miles on the road bike. I’m now sporting a lovely jersey tan.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Workin

jaylittle
    Free Member

Nursed a saltaire brewery hangover, biked over for the car at lunch.

boblo
    Free Member

Hilly 75 on the road. Ace.

roger_mellie

3 hours out rolling along, up and down the Marlborough Downs. A walker held the gate open for me coming off Cherhill Down 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

riding cannock from 0745 before the heat and brummie chavs turned up, beer and ice cream this afternoon before the storm hit. currently watching the rain wash away all the dust 😐

rickt
    Free Member

A swift 15 miles with a 1000ft climb on the MTB.

the descent was more enjoyable than the climb

maxtorque

No biking, due to ManCave construction! 😉

trout
    Free Member

tidied my shed up and fired up the brewery to make 40 pints of Old Speckled Hen taste a likey clone

andytherocketeer

It’s 36C out there
    OD’ed on Ice Cream and Ice Lollies and finished of fixing up the bike
    Gonna have to do that test ride first thing tomorrow when it’s only 27C – least I can get back in time for F1 and MTB WC DH

jam-bo

Dawn surf before the tourists arrived. Home for breakfast with the family.

20 mile explore on the mtb this afternoon scoping out new routes.

Tired now

unklehomered
    Free Member

Edale + jacobs ladder, we saw many Gnarists, anyone from here?

unovolo
    Free Member

Fitted several Satellite systems for Dole scum and had a nice cup of warm milk with a hint of coffee 😥

mindmap3
    Free Member

Went to Cannock which was surprisingly quiet and fell off ten minutes into the ride removing most of the skin from my right knee…I then rode like a bit of a Doris after that. Hopefully the rain that is falling now (accompanied by the odd clap of thunder) will wash some of the dust away and make the trails a bit grippier.

It’s been a bad week for accidents…a chap I was riding with last week crashed into a tree after overshooting a jump and broke four vertebrae. A bumped into his mate at Cannock today who said that another of his mates was taken away by ambulance this morning.

smett72

Had an lazy ride out in the Lakes. Elterwater, Tilberthwaite and Coniston area.

njee20
    Free Member

A nice 50 miles in the Surrey Hills for me! Nice the rain had made no difference to the trails. Less good I forgot to really drink anything and died a horrible death someway from home!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

48 miles on the bike, flown a kite with my three year old, then took her to play pooh sticks and paddle in the river in Monsal Dale, and finished off with a walk to watch the rabbits in Cressbrook dale 🙂

Simon

Rode along the canal from Bingley to Thackley and then did a Buck Woods, Dawson Wood, Calverley, Esholt loop and then back along the river to Saltaire and home through Hirst Wood.
    Went out after the rain and my gloves were soaked pretty quickly from the undergrowth, at the end of my ride my hands were wrinkled like I’d been in the bath too long.

redthunder
    Free Member

Field archery all day in the sun 🙂 As we left the woods it started to rain.

Epic! scores, loads of kills 🙂

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

45 threshold miles on the road bike. It wasn’t pleasant, but enjoying the ache now.

grey

Had a nice ride around Mabie red and some of the off-piste, very tired legs now and it was a bit too humid.

theotherjonv

63 mile mainly off road ride for me. Hogs back, to Farnham via Godalming and Elstead, up to Caesers camp, fleet pond, couple of short laps of minley, blackwater path to canal and the over tunnel hill and home. As build up for torq 12; I just want to get some experience of long hours rather than absolute miles, so that was just under 6 hours actual riding and about 6 and a quarter hours of out time

scrank32

27 miles in North Wales. Some great natural techy stuff around Llyn Cowlyd and Capel Curig, followed by the 2nd half of the Marin Trail.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Smashed in Dalbeatie with fantastic weather.

Get home and its amber weather warning for the north east, believe it when I see it

z1ppy

3 or so hours in the Wyre, lovely cool afternoon with great trails, peeing it down now mind

ronjeremy
    Free Member

40 mile local road loop, with a front tyre blow out at the start of a fast descent off The Bwlch, food and beer at Afan Lodge, started off in the sun, came home in the rain but with huge grins on our faces….

adsh
    Free Member

Long 60m mtb loop..Ditched the heart monitor and went off perceived effort which anded up being hard but a lot faster. Forecast was for lots of rain – got baking sun.

galactus
    Free Member

Good time on dartmoor(always a good time at dartmoor)

grantway
    Free Member

Was having lunch in Alicante Marina

stanfree
    Free Member

Had a great road ride round Arran , weather was stunning and the route was great . I’d recommend It to anyone just turn up really early for the ferry as it was stupidly busy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Wasn't it lovely out today!! What did you get up to?’ is closed to new replies.