Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Washing shimano spds….
  • DT78
    Free Member

How do people wash their spds shoes? Mine are getting pretty smelly these days, the only time I tried before was putting them in an old pillow case but they came out and rattled worringly round the machine.

Any better ways of cleaning them?

Yes I am considering buying a new pair instead 🙂

snaps
    Free Member

I hosepipe mine & use a brush on the outside then fill them with water & tip 'em out & hang up to dry.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

washing machines in the garage problem solved

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

My feet are the furthest place on my body from my nose, so im not too bothered…ie i never clean mine (well the rain cleans them!).

andrewh
    Free Member

Washing machine on coldest setting, no detergent. Do all shoes like that (don't put towels in with running spikes, many threads)

jabbathehut
    Free Member

Washing shoes? MTB Shoes? Seriously why would you

Hose them down, brush off all the mud and leave to dry with newspaper.

Why would you wash them?????????????

nickc

Hose down, fill with newspaper, and to get that really mature cat piss smell going, stick them in the airing cupboard

DT78
    Free Member

I want to wash them because they stink! You can smell them when you walk in the house they are that bad. Other than the smell there's nothing wrong with them. It's that or keep them in the shed I suppose…

mattp
    Free Member

nickc – Member

Hose down, fill with newspaper, and to get that really mature cat piss smell going, stick them in the airing cupboard

there is a god

and for the last 20 years i've been thinking that i've got some kind of gland thing going on that makes my shoes smell like this

druidh
    Free Member

Washing shoes?

Whatever next

stumpy01

I usually clean mine in the bath using the shower….gives them a decent blast & then stuff with newspaper.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I got mixed results. MP66s wash fine in the washing machine when mixed in with lots of (2nd tier?) towels with normal non bio.

MW80s appear sensitive to what washing powder you use. In retrospect I'd only put them in the machine with goretex specefic stuff (eg grangers / techwash / ,,,).

either way – wash at a LOW temp, sensitive / handwash setting and dry them as quick as possible to stop the bacteria regrowing. Maybe with a fan or near a radiator with some airflow.

Oh – and take the cleats off and the insoles out. Realistically I dont think they will survive this treatment forever but it does extend their (non smelly) life.

jd-boy
    Free Member

If its that Cat piss smell, its the glue Shimano use in there shoes, stayed at bunk house once with a pair of shimano shoes in the drying room and thought a cat had pissed in there until we found out its shimano shoes

Ambrose

Mine just live in the footwell of my car. Aircon to dry them. I really don't follow this washing shoes nonsense.

rootes1

Wash your feet and socks instead?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Washing shimano spds….’ is closed to new replies.