Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Washing really muddy kit
  • 0091paddy
    Free Member

Hey all

Just wondering how everyone else gets their muddy kit all clean. Just chuck it in the machine? (at the risk of ruining the machine IIRC) It’s just after Bristol I hosed all mine at least three times and then put it in the machine. Came out clean, but it takes a bit of effort… 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member
    robbo1234biking

Just stick it in the machine but generally as a smaller load than normal. Always done that with rugby kit as well and never have problem. The waste got bl9ocked once but that is relativley easy to fix!

jfeb
    Free Member

Hose down first then in to machine.

We’ll be talking about knitting patterns next 😉

jim
    Free Member

Bung it in the machine while the better half isn’t watching and claim ignorance when the sheets come out muddy 😉

0091paddy
    Free Member

haha, I live at home guys. Mother wouldn’t be too happy if I broke the washing machine. 😛

BigJohn

A bloke I know, who is a washing machine repair man, says put the muddy stuff in the machine on its own and run a rinse cycle. Then wash as usual.

He might be biased of course…

soobalias
    Free Member

if im already soaked, i will hose myself down first.

have on occassion put the muddy stuff in a bucket of water for a rinse before transferring to the machine.

if your mum will complain, remember to run a rinse cycle on the empty machine when you are finished.

WackoAK
    Free Member

If it’s really bad I blast the shower at it to get rid of most of the mud then put it in the washing machine.

colnagokid

chuck it in the shower, rinse it all off then into the machine

Tracey

Tracey

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Just get in the shower fully clothed. Then sit by a warm radiator and you’ll be ready to go again in a few hours.

Oggles
    Free Member

Undress in the shower with a bucket close to hand. If you have a bidet even better cos we all know they only get used for putting laundry in.

Then launch items of clothing one by one, over the top of the shower into the bucket in a Michael Jordan style. Claim ignorance when your wife/partner/mother is mopping up a trail of muddy water from the floor.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We soak ours overnight in a bucket first, then bang it in the washing machine. Said washing machine was a fairly cheap Indesit and has been doing this for over 7 years with no complaint!

sofatester
    Free Member

Get in the shower with everything, bike, camelback, clothes, switch shower on.

Bingo 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Washing really muddy kit’ is closed to new replies.