Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Washing Machine, meet iPhone…oh no!! ohmygod…you're killing him!%!^!!!!!!!!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

iPhone 3GS just got eaten by the washing machine. While it’s not dead, the screen is knackered. So before I trot off, like a good little boy, to the Apple store to get a refurb 3GS, can people let me know what decent Android phones are put at the mo. As never let it be said I am a fanboy, and not willing to consider other options 8)

Lifer
    Free Member

Samsung do a waterproof one…

dan1980
    Free Member

Samsung galaxy s2. Not waterproof though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just go and get the 3GS

cynic-al
    Free Member

New screen = £6 + DIY doddle, I’ll have your old one thankyouplease.

Otherwise me and the ex have DEsire/Desire S respectively…I feel no need for a try-hard-phone.

Jamie
    Free Member

I feel no need for a try-hard-phone.

😐

iDave
    Free Member

I very much like my Desire S very much

Cougar

My next phone is going to be the HTC Sensation, I think.

GrahamS

Not sure I’d bother with another 3GS. The iPhone 5/4S/Shiny will be out in September-Octoberish. Make do till then and grab a 4 at a bargain price.

Milkie
    Free Member

Take it to Apple, they may offer you it cheaper than usual. iPhone4 price will be coming down in price shortly..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll be selling a nearly new 4 that will have been almost hermetically sealed as I won’t be able to wait till my contracts up to upgrade to the 4S/****/5

rondo101
    Free Member

Stick it in some rice. You’ll just need to remove the battery first; oh wait…

Solo
    Free Member

Dude in my office had an iPhone 4. Said he’d seen / read about the iPhone 5.

He then decided to go get one of these as the iPhone 5 didn’t seem to be for him.
    http://www.htc.com/uk/product/sensation/overview.html

Hes happy.

Solo
    Free Member

Oh !. And you iz a silly boy for washing your phone….
    😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Stick it in some rice. You’ll just need to remove the battery first; oh wait…

Amusingly I have actually done this. One of the benefits of having more than one braincell means one can still do things, despite not being spoon-fed. Admittedly it’s not ideal, but I felt your helpful post deserved a helpful response.

Take it to Apple, they may offer you it cheaper than usual. iPhone4 price will be coming down in price shortly..

Usually it would be a no brainer, but I think it is out of warranty so not eligible for a cheap replacement. Going to give them a ring in a mo on my retro nokia 6100 😀

Not sure I’d bother with another 3GS. The iPhone 5/4S/Shiny will be out in September-Octoberish. Make do till then and grab a 4 at a bargain price.

Was thinking this as well…..only a month or so to wait it out and iPhone 4 prices should drop by quite a bit.

I’ll be selling a nearly new 4 that will have been almost hermetically sealed as I won’t be able to wait till my contracts up to upgrade to the 4S/****/5

Interesting….very interesting.

Solo
    Free Member

Amusingly I have actually done this. One of the benefits of having more than one braincell means one can still do things, despite not being spoon-fed. Admittedly it’s not ideal, but I felt your helpful post deserved a helpful response.

😆

binners

If you do go for the Samsung option, be aware that if you drop it in a really deep muddy, icy puddle in the Cotswolds then that will have a similar effect on the screen as your washing machine has had on your iphone. Ahem.

Mind you, at least you’ve not been able to blame me for it this time 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

….obviously those braincells did not stop me forgetting my iPhone was in my Dakine, before I washed it 😉

Solo
    Free Member

….obviously those braincells did not stop me forgetting my iPhone was in my Dakine, before I washed it

Hhhmmmm. Recent Dakine washing. Does this indcate recent bike activity ?. I thought you were off the bike ??.

Pyro

Motorola Defy. Waterproof-ish and I haven’t managed to wreck mine yet, despite 6 months of biking, kayaking, running and general oitdoors abuse.

GrahamS

He then decided to go get one of these as the iPhone 5 didn’t seem to be for him.

Hmmm…. not sure exactly what he based that decision on. All that is know about the 5/4s is pure speculation and rumour.

Solo
    Free Member

Waterproof-ish

Is that water resistant then, rather than waterproof ?.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

Hmmm…. not sure exactly what he based that decision on. All that is know about the 5/4s is pure speculation and rumour.

You’ll have to ask him. I don’t do i anything.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, not hermetically sealed. But kept in a (hee hee) Otter Box (commuter) avec screen protector.

Bit nervous about passing my jellybone on to you though – you’re bound to find my Brokeback Mountain Chubby pron on there and tell everyone on the forum. 😕

Solo
    Free Member

you’re bound to find my Brokeback Mountain Chubby pron on there and tell everyone on the forum

Eerrrr.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My boss uses HTC’s. He’s on his third one in 2 years due to failure. Rubbish.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bit nervous about passing my jellybone on to you though – you’re bound to find my Brokeback Mountain Chubby pron on there and tell everyone on the forum.

I was going to ask you to leave all the chubby man love vids on there…..

Motorola Defy. Waterproof-ish and I haven’t managed to wreck mine yet, despite 6 months of biking, kayaking, running and general oitdoors abuse.

That looks quite interesting, bosh a 32 gb micro sd for £30 and its half want useable. Might tie me over for a couple of months at least. Having a phone without proper email/internet/sat nav etc is FREAKING ME OUT!!

simon_g

Nothing at all worth having for the ~£140 Apple will charge you for an out-of-warranty replacement of your 3GS.

Solo
    Free Member

My boss uses HTC’s. He’s on his third one in 2 years due to failure. Rubbish

Hhhmmmm. Not him then ?. Hes just defied statistics and somehow drawn three short straws in a row.

Excellent. If hes getting the duds, then the rest of the world gets the good ones.
    Awfully nice of him.
    😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Nothing at all worth having for the ~£140 Apple will charge you for an out-of-warranty replacement of your 3GS.

Is that what it is for out of warranty? I thought the reduced rate for the refurbs, was only for accidental damage during the warranty period?

If you are right, then I will hunt you down and force you to have a pint.

Edit: I should add, I have tried calling my local Apple store, but they must be busy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, there’s the stuff of you and me, y’know, the Feeder stuff…which you have copies of anyway.

Solo sent me some of him and molgrips, but really, you don’t want to see it – it’s just not that nice.

x

Pyro

Waterproof-ish

Means it’s got a seal around the battery compartment and well fitting rubber plugs for just about everything else. Might not survive an hour on a 30° synthetics cycle but it’s resisted a couple of dunkings in the bath, one in a cup of tea and one or two hours in a sodden rucksack.

Solo
    Free Member

Hey !. You didn’t complain when I sent them to you.

the Feeder stuff…
    😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Solo sent me some of him and molgrips, but really, you don’t want to see it – it’s just not that nice.

I expect with them both being iDave converts, there is a lot of meat featured.

…and possibly some beans.

Solo
    Free Member

Means it’s got a seal around the battery compartment and well fitting rubber plugs for just about everything else. Might not survive an hour on a 30° synthetics cycle but it’s resisted a couple of dunkings in the bath, one in a cup of tea and one or two hours in a sodden rucksack

Impressive. My phone wouldn’t survive that.

Solo
    Free Member

I expect with them both being iDave converts, there is a lot of meat featured.

…and possibly some beans

Errr. Update !. I is quite possibly now an ex-idisciple.

There have been some issues.

Daffy

A complete kit for replacing the screen on your 3GS is only £10-£20 and fitting is just a couple of screws and connectors. It’s no more difficult (or expensive) than changing brake pads.

Does the phone still synchronise with the pc (ie are you sure everything else works) to which it’s paired?

CountZero

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/sensation/overview.html
    Hes happy.

He’s a happy idiot. NOBODY knows what the next Gen iPhone looks like, or any other details other than it’ll almost certainly use the same processor as the iPad 2, which puts it ahead of pretty much every other smartphone, and according to a Sony exec, their top of the range back-illuminated 8Mp camera. Even the networks who’ve been given examples for verification haven’t actually seen one as they’re sealed in secure boxes to avoid the embarrassment of last year’s mislaid example. To base a purchase on a comparison with a product that no-one has a clue about is just plain stupid.

Solo
    Free Member

He’s a happy idiot

And for you to post that, tells me all I need to know about you.

Thanks.

Byeeee

😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

what about… and this is just a thought as i’ve ended up in this position:

get an ipod touch and keep using the old handset for the basic phone functions, switch to pay as you go when you can and bobs your uncle… loadsa saved cash 😀 you’ll save enough to buy me yeti’s new bike as a reward, i just know you will 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Washing Machine, meet iPhone…oh no!! ohmygod…you're killing him!%!^!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.