Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Washing Cycling Kit
  • vings
    Free Member

Was wondering if anyone has come across a washing detergent which gets muddy splatters out of your kit? My club kit has a fair amount of white in the design, and I'm a bit fed up with buying new kit and getting it stained up with mud after the first ride.

Jamie
    Free Member

Top Tip: Buy dark camo kit.

vings
    Free Member

Thanks for those perls of wisdom Jamie 🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

oh err muddy splatters – all black here

Splash-man
    Free Member

Just use some of that oxy action stuff. Thats what I use my my son's football kit which is all white !

Dibbs
    Free Member

It's MTB kit, it's going to get muddy, some of the stains won't come out, get over it!

uplink
    Free Member

Wash it at a reasonable temp rather than 30/40?

vings
    Free Member

My club kit gets used for both Road and MTB Dibbs. I've used the Oxy stuff before with reasonable results, so maybe that's the solution. Thanks peeps

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Try cooking at slightly higher temperatures, but don't blame me if the lycra melts!

TBH does it really matter if you look like a grubby specimen when riding bikes?

vings
    Free Member

thanks buzz-lightyear, In the grand theme of things, you're right it doesn't really matter, but lots of stuff gets discussed on this forum (and every other forum on the tinterweb) which doesn't really matter. Just wondered if anyone had a tried and tested way of keeping their kit clean. End of 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Persil non bio at 30 degrees seems to work for me, but my kit is black and green…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Napisan.

Someone posted on a very similar thread within the last fortnight. It works.

vings
    Free Member

Ah thanks TSY. The only previous post I could find which mentions Napisan was entitled "Cat pi55ed in my shoes" (which made me chuckle – soz OP) but I've read a couple of reviews and it seems to be an uber stain remover. Nice one, I'll give it a go

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Ecover, hand wash all my gear…or clean off in shower…I have found that if one leaves it 'in the was basket' the harder/decrease chance you'll get the shite out of it. Ergo, wash it straight away.

Hope this helps, never use strong powders/tablets from the 'big names' huge amount of bleech content that **** the lycra after a time.

pistola
    Free Member

Fairy biological gel in that funny half rugby ball dispenser thingy in the washing drum and a sprinkling of Napisan in the detergent drawer and then a 30deg wash cycle. has worked wonders with fending off whiffy smells in well used bike gear…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Washing Cycling Kit’ is closed to new replies.