Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Washing clothes and tea towels together – am I a monster?
  • MoreCashThanDash

And the British economy slumps in June as we all lose 4 working days on the mumsnet classics forum

derek_starship
    Free Member

We wash all our clothes in formaldehyde.

aracer
    Free Member

💡 why have I never thought of that? Do you think it would also work with chains?

aracer
    Free Member

if you haven’t yet, it’s well worth a go 😉

jota180
    Free Member

why have I never thought of that? Do you think it would also work with chains?

I’ve never had the authority to do the dishwasher thing 🙄 but, dishwasher powder in a pan full of water, gently simmered will shift all sorts of grime.
    It is mildly caustic so be careful how long you leave it in contact with aluminium alloys.

wwaswas

We wash all our clothes in formaldehyde.

In later life people will describe you as ‘well preserved’.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I wash my tea towels with my other whites, on a boil wash.

Women are odd. One of my ex girlfriends used to pay a little man to jet-wash her wheelie bin.

jota180
    Free Member

One of my ex girlfriends used to pay a little man to jet-wash her wheelie bin.

Is that a euphemism?

jambourgie
    Free Member

😀

I saw a clip on GMA yesterday which was telling people to do a wash in their machine with just a bleach solution after washing their underwear.

I’m glad Mrs 10 didn’t see that, right now she does fully separated, half loads because it cleans better apparently, with an extra rinse to get off the suds. She puts in double the recommended amount of soap though to make sure everything is clean! I’ve given up arguing against this now.

moniex
    Free Member

I sort out colours (white, dark, light and red), but don’t mind what it is and usually all are full loads. Everything that fits through the door goes in the machine incl trainers, lunch boxes all muddy mtb kit (start with a cold rinse and then wash, gets lovely and clean).

I only wash whites on 60, everything else on 40.

I did used to wash the kids nappies in a separate wash, but same machine. Same one as we are using still now….

People actually still boil wash stuff? How high is your electricity bill!

chickenman

People who think only “clean rubbish” should go in the wheelie need to be sectioned under the metal health act IMO.

moniex
    Free Member

You can pay someone to clean your wheelie bin….brilliant!

Will have to check that out….

wilburt
    Free Member

Going to do the mumsnet classics this weekend, can someone do a STW version for when I’ve finished.

wwaswas

You can pay someone to clean your wheelie bin….brilliant!

It has to be a little man though as he can climb right down inside to get into the corners.

xcgb
    Free Member

lunch boxes

That seems odd!

moniex
    Free Member

Lunch boxes – not odd at all!

I mean those thermal soft ones with the zips, come out lovely and clean!

dirtyboy

There is a place in the Hague for evil people like you.
    Sod serbian war crimes, you’re the real deal.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Washing clothes and tea towels together – am I a monster?’ is closed to new replies.