Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Was this you on the Gloucester Road this morning? Warning – Power Ranger content
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Not sure how to describe this, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but this isnt the first time he's dressed up in this clobber.

Sort of gay stormtropper, the rain cover is a nice touch too. You cant see the bar ends clearly in the photo…

Definitely risk adversed, though has no fear of knee injuries apparently.

dmiller
    Free Member

Is that Mark Datz? 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

what are you doing collecting photos of chaps dressed like that?
    i mean?

dmiller
    Free Member

pedal reflectors as well for max safety…

benji_allen
    Free Member

Looks like SPD's to me? I spy one in the wheel though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Class

dmiller
    Free Member

Indeed. I failed with the pedal / wheel distinction. 🙁

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

He was actually moving pretty quick and disappeared down Jamaica Street before I could ask where he rides. Something gnar down Sea Walls I reckon, or maybe he's just scared of Stokes Croft?

Pook

i need gear like that. My American Indian name would be "Falls Off In Car Parks"

Moses

Oh, I've seen him zipping along past the Somerville Road lights. Each to their own.

2orangey4crows

See him quite a lot going the opposite way to me around Horfield.

I always wonder why there's no leg protection?

I'm guessing he's had one too many cyclist/taxi interfaces, and isn't going to take any more sh1t. That or he goes 'over' the cars.

allthepies
    Free Member

PMSL

pastcaring
    Free Member

😳

Crankmasher
    Free Member

I got a photo to upload on this thread of some bloke you might have seen around bristol. How do i upload it on here?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I upload mine to picasa, flickr, facebook etc, right click on the image to get "properties" then copy the url which will probably end ".jpg"

then paste into the reply box like this:

[ img]PASTEHERE[/img ] but take out the spaces before and after the img strings

someone will maybe be along in a moment to tell me an easier way…

Crankmasher
    Free Member

[img]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=721003976#!/photo.php?pid=4831033&id=721003976&ref=fbx_album[/img] Anyone seen this guy about?

Crankmasher
    Free Member

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs143.ash2/40468_429516678976_721003976_4831032_8246508_n.jpg[/img]

Anyone seen this guy about lol?

pinches
    Free Member

i see that guy in armour and full face riding through knightsbridge/kensington on my commute all the time!

mk1fan
    Free Member

How do you set of on that thing??

Saw three guys riding out of Croydon towards Selhurst this afternoon in 'Power Ranger' gear and DH FR bikes. Not sure where they were going / had been but I'd like to know.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

pinches, I was thinking that the OP's pic doesn't look like the London Gloucester Road…Not enough posh totty! 😉

Crankmasher
    Free Member

Not sure how he sets off but i saw him jump off it and lock it to a lampost lol

pinches
    Free Member

@CFL i'm sure it's the same guy! always riding in that get up in west london heading central. I also normally see a bloke in rugby kit riding a marin nail trail or something in a full face and armour regularly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

pinches, that pic at the top is NEVER in London. Look at the bus, all wrong!

But, I know the guy you mean! One of the London commute characters! There's all sorts of oddities out there, it's all good!

Remind me, you're at Cycle Surgery in Holborn, aren't you? Might want some body armour. Worth a visit to your place?

flatfish
    Free Member

i've seen the double bike on whiteladies before. nearly crashed the van!!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Gloucester Road, Bristol.

pinches
    Free Member

CFL yes agree not london, but this guys doppleganger is seen regularly on my commute riding a marin belvedere hybrid or something similar!

Yes at holborn. We did have some dainese stuff in the sale, might have gone, but we've got the full POC setup. Drop me an email with sizes and i'll check tomorrow?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

We have a body armour culprit up here in york too.

wonder what they think of the compulsory helmet law idea?

Crankmasher
    Free Member

That pic of the double bike was taken in st george area.

DT78
    Free Member

hilarious

Moses

Interesting front brakes on the double bike: cantis with a disc wheel, disc included

romster
    Free Member

that is amazing……..i couldn't help myself.

MrAgreeable

I've seen both the guy Agentdagnamit papped, and Double Bike Guy riding round the town centre. The full face guy rides a Spesh Hardrock and while it's entirely possible that he's on his way to ride some suburban gnar, my feeling is more that he's spent his Bike to Work voucher on some serious protection for the commute. Fair enough, it's dangerous out there – so I'm told anyway.

Overall I feel slightly proud knowing that the city I call home has these cycling eccentrics – it's better than a uniform of ill-fitting one-size helmets and hybrids accessorized with fluoro yellow macs, surely?

hopster
    Free Member

Technically its Cheltenham road not Gloucester road. Seen 'power ranger' the other day. TBH I tend to keep an eye out for the female cyclists and there so seem to be a lot of them these days.

DCW
    Free Member

I have seen the double bike rider on the A4 Bath Road. I wonder if he reads this and can explain why?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One of the London commute characters!

Anyone know the Black guy who rides top-end road bikes, and always has immaculate team lycra kit? Very good looking, just looks like he's a model doing a photoshoot or something? Poses about with his bike? Totally over the top tbh.

Think he really quite fancies himself. Think I fancy him too actually. 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

is closely related to…

senorj

There's a cycling ninja/darth vader –
    full black baloclava & hockeytype masked individual ,
    I ve seen around Tottenham Hale -very scary –
    Like an evil stig off top gear , he's always heading south when i see him.
    Never had the balls to say hello whilst waiting for the lights to change.
    Although I have whistled the Star Wars theme.

psychle
    Free Member

Anyone know the Black guy who rides top-end road bikes, and always has immaculate team lycra kit? Very good looking, just looks like he's a model doing a photoshoot or something? Poses about with his bike? Totally over the top tbh.

Often see a chap of similar description around Richmond Park quite a lot… think he was on a Prince last time I saw him, lovely bike!

Have seen a guy riding a Brompton with a full face helmet, often rides past my flat (it's on a a major cycle route, hundreds of commuters each morning).

qcamel
    Free Member

Bit off topic but there is a guy in Newcastle upon Tyne that appears on busy weekend nights on a black motorbike with nothing on but a black helmet boots and gloves. For about the last 7 years this guy appears, whizzes around town then disappears, very random…

Xylene
    Free Member

Back in the old days of my life in Newcastle which involved raves, psytrance hippies and general misbehaviour.I met a group of street performers that road around the country on oddly shaped bike, all high up and long runs of chain to carry their stilts and stuff, like the Bristol fellas but more extreme

Met them in a forest party I had helped organise and later that weekend, Jubilee weekend or whatever we celibrated for the queen in 2000/1 back in Newcastle a good 30 miles having ridden up and down steep hills to get to the party there.

No idea what happened to them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Was this you on the Gloucester Road this morning? Warning – Power Ranger content’ is closed to new replies.