• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Warrantying German Pikes
  • woodster

So my recently purchased Pikes are feeling awful and none of the quick fix tricks have stopped them dropping back to a 30mm static sag with proper use.

I bought them from Bike-Components, should I go through them or would Fishers be able to help?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll have much luck in the UK. They’ll say go through the point of purchase.

qwerty
    Free Member

My troublesome Reba’s came from Bike24, when I contacted them they immediately emailed me a paid postage returns label to drop them into local post office. To avoid downtime, I just keep doing lower leg and air shaft service, which sorts it, until next time. I think it’s an inherent solo air gremlin and I’m looking into the viability of shoving a coil spring in where the sun don’t shine. I believe zee Germans thrive on efficiency (well, maybe not VW).

Drac

Your contract is with the shop not the importer. Even more so she you bought them from abroad.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes Drac but RS products bought via other distributors but sold in UK are serviced by Fishers (e.g. forks on Specializeds).

DickBarton

Sram kit has a worldwide warranty so you can sendbthem back to Fishers to get them done. If it isn’t warranty work you’ll need to pay.
    Best approach is to go back to place of purchase but Fisher will support you. Your lbs might not be as kind though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Warranty is with the seller, they can then arrange for them to be fixed.

woodster

Thanks guys, I’ll contact Bike-components and see what they say. Hopefully it’ll be all sorted before the FoD mini-enduro.

Stranga
    Free Member

If you have a good relationship with your LBS and they are a SRAM stockist they can facilitate a warranty return to Fishers.

creamegg
    Free Member

No reason not to do it through bike components. Turn around likely to be just as fast if not faster than if you did it through someone on this country. Mine were a 10 day turnaround from the day I sent them off (pre-paid by bike components)

ComradeD
    Free Member

As others have said, SRAM has worldwide warranty so you can send them back to Fisher through a bike shop in the UK.

Done it with my German bought Reverb seatpost a couple of times. No need to speak to Bike-Components

poah
    Free Member

turn around time is probably about the same. freepost back to germany as well. had to send my pikes back to bike-discount

nonk
    Free Member

” I bought these pikes online from Germany and I need you to send them back to fishers for me ”

If you spend s bit in the shop you might be lucky but even then it’s cheeky

tomaso
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with a bike with faulty Pikes from German shop and called Fishers. They advised I took it to LBS who forwarded them on to Fishers. In less than a week my Pike RC were returned as a RCT3 in box with all the fancy spares.

Top work by Fishers and SRAM and Edge Cycleworks Lancaster!

discapade
    Free Member

Mate, I had the same issue so I emailed Fisher directly and basically said I bought them from Germany and am disappointed and so on…they said to take them to local bike shop and get them to send them in. I went on holiday and when I got back…brand spanking new Pikes..happy days..!

tomaso
    Free Member

I paid bike shop admin fee and postage – £25 all in

Drac

If you spend s bit in the shop you might be lucky but even then it’s cheeky

True but Stranga may know what he’s talking about for a good reason.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Warrantying German Pikes’ is closed to new replies.